Subject: 3-Player Runaway Leader Session Gets Stomped! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice AAR, Jeff. Sounds like a pretty fast-playing, fun, game. Never heard of it until you posted. Thanks!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb

* wipes sweat from brow *

Great session report!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russia can be an absolute beast if you let it get a couple of territories early. Last night we played a three player where I was Germany and my buddy Josh was England. Our third was Chris (another bud) playing Mother Russia, and he was getting scary big after turn two. The mistake that Josh and I made is not declaring war and STAYING at war with Russia. I was at one point able to reduce Russia to a 2, and if I'd kept at war, would likely have been able to reduce it to a one. Heck, if England had been able to help in the military dept. as well, we might have actually wrestled control of Russia from Chris. Thing is, he had four other countries at that point and might have been able to win anyway.

It's a great game, I'm really digging it Andrew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Robert. I'm glad to hear you guys are having fun.

Russia can indeed be a beast at times, but it has its flaws. Interestingly enough, the one and only time I have seen someone lose a starting Region was during an Ideology tournament at one of the big cons (I think it was GenCon). Mike Keller wrested control of Russia from the Communists, and won the game in the process.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.