• [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant decide which thread to post in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This forum seems to be the right one. General may have been better, but we really don't need more threads.

Congrats! I've had trouble agreeing with many of the recent SdJ, but this year, they really did get it right!

The 2008 Meeples Choice awards were just announced 10 days ago, and they were:
1. Dominion
2. Pandemic
3. Le Havre

Generally, these two awards cater to very different player types. I've always looked to Meeples Choice as the best game from the view of gamers, and SdJ is supposed to give the best game for non-gamers. Since they agree this year, I guess we can conclude that Dominion is an excellent game for both gamers and non-gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the Meeples Choice Awards have a reasonably wide spectrum, so it isn't all that unusual to have an overlap between them and the SdJ. The MCA's go back to 1995. There have been 15 SdJ winners since then and 7 of them also won Meeples Choice Awards. The seven are:

Settlers of Catan
El Grande
Elfenland
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride
Thurn and Taxis
Dominion

In addition, Tikal barely missed being one of the three winners in 1999 and Alhambra was the runner-up in 2003.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.