Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Colaneri
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
www.balenaludens.it
badge
Visit us! http://www.balenaludens.it Reviews, articles, GAMES!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) A doubt arises... if I assault with mounted infantry (say a BMP-2 with infantry) I use only the vehicle assault factor, it's right? But if the enemy unit is infantry, it still receives the bonus for being defending against an "all vehicles" attack? Or the mounted infantry negates it?
I think that mounted infantry should give some benefit. Ok, they have a narrow field of view, but they still increase the awareness of the vehicle crew...

Another one:
2) situation: a mounted infantry unit is adjacent to an enemy unit at the start of its turn. Can I unmount and assault with both units, infantry and vehicles? I think yes, since I can use the unmount movement point for infantry to join the vehicles assaulting... I'm right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A KAreil
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there!

1.) The mounted infantry is not really part of the assault, so it's still an "all vehicles" attack.

Have you ever been in an IFV? There's nothing you can do as long as you are "trapped" in the vehicle...so I think it's okay that mounted infantry has no effect to an assault.

2.) I think you are right!
A IVF can move half it's MP after the infantry has dismounted and the infantry can move 1 hex...so it should work.

At least that's the way I am playing it!
If it's wrong let me know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
>>Mounted infantry is NOT part of the assault.

They can dismount and move into the hex with the IFV...at least it seems fair to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.