Subject: Really trying to like this one! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here I am back at a game that I think is just OK, but it is a Small Box Game so I wanted to try it again just to be sure.
I taught my friends Paul & Ashly this one and it started out OK. It took a little bit to get the rules all set.
1 thing I am always surprised that game companies don´t make there own little reference sheet and add it to a game, a run down of the rules would be nice ( or high light the important stuff ). Luckily I had already done this with this game and it made it a little easier, but I forgot to add a few of the basic start up rules for the set and we forgot to pick up our 2 extra starting cards, so 5 minutes into the game we started over since we where all on board now and starting with just 2 cards sucks.

I really like a lot of things about this game, but I think there may be as much I don´t like. I need to ask a few questions on the rules that may speed up the play a little, which is a great thing for this game.

So we where all going around and trying to get offerings going and Ash and I got the whole idea and concept, but Paul was just all over the rules really trying to over think this thing and doing a great job of it. We did enjoy pointing out to each other when we could screw over the other person with the 3 mask room special ability. Ash got the first offering of red, I then took blue, then I got red, then Ash took green. Paul was yet to take anything and Ash and I where both going for the last Mask that needed to be gotten from the other player, I could not get the cards I needed and when I finally did it was 2 late. Ash stole one of my masks for the win, and the sad part was I had finally gotten the cards I needed and would have won on my next turn. It was really close between us 2, but Paul was out of it the whole game, he never even got 1 mask. This game took about 50 minutes I think and it was a bit to long.
We played a 2nd game even though all thought it was just an OK game, not something we liked, but not something we don´t like. Out thinking was to try it again while we all knew the rules and see if it plays faster once the rules where already known. I made a comment that it was an OK game but it took to long for what it is. I see here that the designer says it is a 20 minute game, which would be perfect if you ask me, but our game took over 50 minutes, but we where just learning so I thought maybe the next game would be faster - NOT.

So we decided to play another and afte 40 minutes I finally got the 2nd offering ( Mask ), but you need 3 to win. we figured 10-30 more minutes at the least, if the others really get tricky I could see this lasting way longer then that, so we called a stip to this one.

We decided to end the 2nd game with just 2 offerings winning it, because we just didn´t feel the need to play this one more, which kinda bums me out.

I almost wonder if just playing to 2 offerings would be the way to go on this one?

Game On´
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.