World at War: Eisenbach Gap» Forums » General

Subject: Difference between WaW:EG and WaW:BB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Krol

London
msg tools
Hello,

I am curious what are the differences between these two versions?
Is it beneficial to have them both, or should I buy just the
newer one (WaW:BB)?

Regards,
Jacek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, World at War: Blood and Bridges (B&B) has British forces. It also includes some US and West German forces not in World at War: Eisenbach Gap (EG). Apparently 2 of the scenarios in B&B use units from EG and World at War: Death of the 1st Panzer (Do1stP) and I assume this means the units are not included in the B&B box.

I would start with EG if you have never played. You can download the B&B rules if you want and use any updated rules in that book.

I say this for a couple of reasons:
First, you can play all the scenarios in EG. Then, if you like it, you can expand with B&B (although it is a standalone) and Do1stP.

Second, EG is a little cheaper so if you do not like it you saved a few dollars.

There is also a well done VASSAL module for the series so if you really like it you can always find an online opponent, I am sure.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the counters are different: matte in EG, glossy in B&B.

Also the rulebook in B&B is full color. Generally the components in B&B are much better so i would go with this (and later get the planned expansion for B&B if i want to expand).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that although EG is a bit cheaper, there's a LOT less in it! B&B is much better value, in my opinion, although both are excellent games (if your eyesight is up to the counters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Krol

London
msg tools
Thanks everyone for the information, I believe I will start with Eisenbach Gap, and eventually move from there. I have already made sure that my GF knows that I like this game - my birthday is looming Also, she likes to play soviets in any wargame, so she should be happy with this one as well!

Regards, Jacek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.