Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Boardgaming Brothers and Sisters,

I have decided that I want to start a Webshop where I sells; Boardgames! (big surprise).
For this shop I find it very important that the customer is KING!

So I wanted to ask the BGG community: What do you find important when buying games from a webshop?

Yo can think about the sort of games you would like to see, the way they are presented, customer service, lowest price, etc, etc, etc.

Please help me to make the best dang webshop in the Lowlands!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tubman
United States
CLINTON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Low Price
2. Ease of use. How hard is it to find a specific game, and can I browse easily looking for other games of interest.
3. Free shipping. Is it available, and how much do I have to spend to get it.

The shipping cost also ties into the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been there, done that, and indeed, have the polo shirts to prove it

dawgfish has summed it up well. It is a difficult balance between 1. and 3.

I wish you all the best...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some suggestions:

1) International shipping - if you offer it, make it clear on the homepage.

2) Since you are in the Netherlands, I imagine it will be a mix of different nationality games you will offer, so it will be useful to know what languages the manual/components are in.

3) Again, for the international market, you need to be aware of multiple language titles for games. For a German game for example, if you use both the English and German titles, then it will be a lot easier to find.

4) Stock levels - I won't order from anywhere that does not say specifically if an item is in stock or not. I've spent too long waiting for companies to deliver items that they allowed me to pay for, but don't seem to have bothered ordering.

5) Price is a factor for me, but I am prepared to pay more if the website looks more professional and has shipped fast in the past. When I'm spending £50 anyway, I don't mind an extra £5 if the shop uses a more reliable shipping company or the staff make the extra effort to make sure a shipment goes out the same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.