Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am finally assembling the deluxe version this wonderful game, and off course will box it in some cardboard box. I wanted to make a cover for the box, depicting the name of the game (off course) and some artwork that clearly evokes the theme and gameplay. I don't want the cover of another CIV-game with just the name changed. I searched the gallery of PocketCiv, and did not found any artwork.

Does any one have suggestions for some art I could use?

Once I have a satisfying cover, I will post it here on the 'Geek off course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
I can't believe it. Just 30 seconds ago I added game to my wishlist and started thinking of artwork for a box. I would go for a picture inspired by review of one of the PC games in Civ-line. The same guy with the sam face, but changing through time. For example - first picture caveman/ancient philosophus, then some Reneissance, or Medieval, maybe some builder, third picture depicting him as a modern businessman or architect with skyscraper construction behind him.

But it was Civ inspired, and you mentioned that you wouldn't like anything that directly refers to Civ-games. Then if I were you I would make a box design like this: background of some medieval archaic map (LINK1, LINK2, LINK3, LINK4) WITH some kind of polaroid picture laying on the front or even couple of pictures depicting start of the rocket (maybe some kind of APOLLO missions, or Columbia) LINK5
With some letters "POCKET CIV DESIGNED BY..." and so on, and so on - depends on how much text you would like to have on your box cover.

Also I think I saw some kind of a box with medieval-city panoramas drawings in the gallery. I believe it was to fit old VHS storing solution.
EDIT
I was referring to THIS picture:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolfoaligieri123 wrote:
...and started thinking of artwork for a box. I would go for a picture inspired by review of one of the PC games in Civ-line. The same guy with the sam face, but changing through time. For example - first picture caveman/ancient philosophus, then some Reneissance, or Medieval, maybe some builder, third picture depicting him as a modern businessman or architect with skyscraper construction behind him.

Yes, this could be nice too, but it would seem to much of a copy of something existing for what I had in mind...

rudolfoaligieri123 wrote:

Then if I were you I would make a box design like this: background of some medieval archaic map ... WITH some kind of polaroid picture laying on the front or even couple of pictures depicting start of the rocket (maybe some kind of APOLLO missions, or Columbia)
With some letters "POCKET CIV DESIGNED BY..." and so on, and so on - depends on how much text you would like to have on your box cover.

Oh, yes, that is a good idea!

Thanks for you thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.