Subject: learning something new rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox or Telemundo. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So yesterday morning I was watching some nature learning show with my almost two year old as we played with cars and animals. At one point they were talking about Killer Whales (aka Orcas) which I thought I knew a little about being from Alaska and all, of course I was wrong.

Killer Whales were originally called "Whale Killers" and are not whales, but related to dolphins. Also they eat a lot (including fish, whales, sea lions, polar bears, seals). The best part of the show is when the lady that works with the killer whales told the host what they eat if they are hungry and just casually mentions "people." So these are dolphins you don't want to swim with.

The geek thought that crossed my mind was "So Vulcans are the dolphins, and Romulans are the killer whales." Now I understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
In a book I read on the voyage of the endeavor there was a part where killer whales tried to eat a sailor who was hanging on ropes, trying to keep ice away from the rudder. Killer whales were apparently something that early antarctic expeditions had to be careful about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:

The geek thought that crossed my mind was "So Vulcans are the dolphins, and Romulans are the killer whales." Now I understand.

That is not logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.