Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up this game for my kids (Order 66) - 1 game in and they love it.

So the questions are about the combat.

1. When playing cards may an attacker play only attack cards or can they play defense cards... or damage cards?

2. Do cards affect all battles that turn or do they attach to just one unit?

3. Attacker and defender fire at the same time. If there are several ships attacking one ship, does the defender return fire against all ships or against one attacking ship?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Any ship can use any card. The appropriate stat is adjusted for that round of combat. A defensive add may protect your Attacker from the Defender's combat roll.

2. Cards affect that ONE set of dice rolls, unless otherwise stated.

3. Attacking ships resolve their attacks, one at a time. If several are attacking the same Defender, you exchange cards and dice rolls with one Attacker, then exchange cards and dice rolls with the next Attacker, and so on. The Defender gets a new roll against each Attacker, in turn.

If the Defender is destroyed before all of your Attackers get to act, the unused Attackers cannot select new targets.

Hope these answers help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, that's a big help.

Ok a few more basic questions - discard cards. Can you discard cards from your hand to draw new ones (as opposed to playing cards) if so, when?

Do you refill your hand to three after you play an objective, or only after a battle?

Are / can new objective cards be played face down or must they be placed face up?

Can your starting objectives be flipped over by you at any time, or can they only be flipped over and revealed when they are attacked?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did a bit more research and I found an answers to one of my own questions:

From SWPOCKETMODELS.com

: There is no discard phase in a turn. You can only remove cards in your hand by playing them, or via card effects if applicable. There are only two ways to get rid of an objective card in your hand:

1) Play it at the beginning of your turn as normal per the rules.
2) If you have a card/objective in play whos effect allows you to discard cards from your hand.

Other than that above, you're stuck with it in you hand. You cannot play an objective card out of turn, during a battle, or at any other point during your turn except at the very beginning.

---------

And now a new question.

What happens if you run through your deck? Reshuffle or play with no cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reshuffle the discards and place them face down to reuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.