Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, most of the time I will be golfing or playing tennis, or bocce ball, or cornhole or reading or kayaking, or swimming, or snorkeling, or eating or... But when I want to boardgame, I am looking for a couple robust games that work well for outdoor and/or small table gaming. We have a card table and a screen porch that we can use. There will be sand and alcohol and wind and other non-game friendly situations, what games FROM MY COLLECTION would you recommend?

I have found that Blokus works perfectly for this, We have actually spilled a few drinks on this, finished the game, and then took it to the lbay to rinse off. Now that is pretty much the perfect game for my situation, now it is your turn to add others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abalone
Citadels (replaceable if necessary)
Quoridor
Triple Yahtzee
Cribbage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur is portable, but might be a problem if you have wind to contend with.

Ingenious would be great, especially if you can manage to print a disposable copy of the board to take along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendations! I think ingenious will work nicely. I do like to keep my games in good shape, but games are meant to be played. Citadels may work nicely, depending on the number of players I have. I think I maybe able to get up to five people together at a picnic table to play. Quoridor may work nicely, and we already have a cribbage board up there!

In the past we have brought Bohnanza, Infernal Contraption, and Battleline. I find games work well as long as it is not too windy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I would pick from your collection to take:

Citadels - agree is great choice

Dungeonquest - am jealous about this game! want to get it.

Roborally - always fun

side note - I wouldn't worry too much about wind, its not that big a deal. My picks all can be played on a card table with a breeze. Roborally you might have to have one or two board races though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Roborally, good call. I like the mayhem of 1 board races. LOT'S of bot interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Aquire if you have the plastic edition.
Blokus
Wings of War minis
Maybe Apples to Apples
I guess it depends just what type of environment you are going to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.