Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these people playtesters or insane fanboys who have to rate before release?
It isn't even out yet, cmon!! I know it will be awsome but wait until you have the box in your sweaty nerd hands before you give it a 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, according to the rating help, a 10 means "Always want to play and expect this to never change."

I have yet to play Storms of Steel and this still describes my outlook on the game.

However, I still don't rate games until I've played them. And don't worry, there will be some fanboys of other gaming systems that will give this game a few 1's without playing it soon anyways, just like every other wargame on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does it matter? Who does it negatively effect? It will all even out when the game is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
How can this be an issue (and why are there people who bother with it)? Isn't it just a simple matter to disregard ratings for a game that hasn't come out yet (or for that matter that hasn't been out for quite some time)?

After all, any ratings for anything (not just here, but as a general rule) that doesn't have at least a hundred votes are probably worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only that, it has been available for demo and play testing so there are people who have played it. I got to play it at Origins.

Although I usually wait to rate a game after I play it several times, some people rate a game after one play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.