Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hammond
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Axis controls both El Alamein and a space adjacent to it (i.e. Mersa Matruh) at the end of a turn, does the Axis get 2 VP or one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A van Poppel
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
5th_Para_Bde wrote:
If the Axis controls both El Alamein and a space adjacent to it (i.e. Mersa Matruh) at the end of a turn, does the Axis get 2 VP or one?

One.

It does not say 1VP PER SPACE the Axis control, or are adjacent to, El Alamein. Rules say:

5.41 Add 1 VP each Victory Determination Phase the Axis
control, or are adjacent to, El Alamein (EG units do not count
as Axis for purposes of this rule).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit of a fiddly rule, but we had to figure a way to entice the Axis player to drive into Egypt, like Rommel did in the summer of 1942.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Shifting Sands
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hammond
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your feedback gentlemen.

Mike - great game (thanks & cheers!) - I love the tension and the bluffing inherent in the card play, it's really a nail biter. I like the El Alamein rule - it's very appropriate considering the hell Churchill was getting around the time the Germans were near Alamein (and due to the loss/siege of Tobruk)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: El Alamein bonus VP
I may yet return to the card-driven genre. I'm just not sure when. I have a lot of area-impulse games in the pipeline or about to go under contract.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.