Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
At last Mythgardia, Bob Harris’ long awaited sequel to legendary game Talisman, is available to buy. It’s a colourful and exciting game for 2-6 players, as well as being an exclusive collector’s item.

Originally scheduled to be published by Games Workshop some years back as the official follow up to Talisman, time slipped by and the rights to the game eventually reverted to the designer.

Now Bob has taken the exciting step of launching the game himself in a lavish full colour first edition limited to only 100 copies, each numbered and signed with a certificate of authenticity. The artwork is by Debby Harris, graphic design by Kirsty Nicol, and technical support by Mark Nicol.

Mythgardia - The Game of Heroic Adventure is available exclusively from:

www.mythgardia.com

Play the game and make yourself a legend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi, so i have odered a copy if i get one.
the game seems good like return of the heros but i hope that harris have a better balance in that way.
realms with their owne card ok, if there are some card that can take over all realms. for an expanded talisman i have some ideas what could be cool, including the travel to the realms , side quest ect.

the art work is very near on talisman, howlong was that game hold by gw
or is the artwork a back to the roots?(ok talisman 3rd was in artworks miles away from the cool warhamer artworks)

Mythgardia seems looked super cool in wh fantasyart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Haskell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions before i order one (if there be any left) to anyone who has it -

1. Is the board card or just laminated paper?

2. How does the game play (and is it any good? :) )

3. After the 100 have ran out will there be a 2nd print run soon after and would the components be improved or changed for this 2nd edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd be curious about the answers to these questions too. I'm certainly interested but its pretty expensive and sadly looks like a print n play game component wise. But then maybe this is a test run to see interest and there's plans for a professional version later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
hi guys

Only jusy registared to boardgame geek. usually just check the talisman and fantasy flight furoms.

Problem with this game is their is no forums people are talking about it in.

This seems the best place of any.

Ok so i have ordered a copy of the game and they say the first batch shall be shipped on the 10th of july.

i dont know why more infomation hasant been given about how the game peices are created and how the game works but ill keep coming back here to see what people have found out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Talisman (Revised 4th Edition), but find that Mythgardia looks like a decent prototype at best. If it is this great sequel to Talisman, why did Games Workshop let it lapse when Talisman was a such a hit? Better still, why isn't FFG as the current publisher of Talisman interested? I hope to be proven wrong and learn that the game's great, and perhaps then a real publisher will step up and develop a good looking 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, GW didn't reprint any of their board games because more money was to be made from endless WH/WH40K releases, rulebooks, and so on.

I'm surprised they licensed Talisman in the end, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem the shake the feeling that the name Talisman is only being invoked here to generate sales. I hope I'm wrong, but this just seems like a lot to spend on a completely unknown game that could be more of a spiritual sequel to Candyland than Talisman.

There are a hundred reasons a publisher would have picked this up if it were good. I can only think of two reasons it would stay independent like this and one of those reasons is that is sucks.

We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.