Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there too. Scott, it really is a great game.

Sorry I couldn't buy a copy, it was just too much money. Thirty dollars for not having any wooden bits or anything was just too much. Even the score counters are cardboard. I will have to wait until funagain or something like that gets it out for a better price. I really would have bought two copies had it something more than just cardboard, or had been 20 dollars. Times are tough and the price is a bit crazy. I really am sorry about it, I would love to use my money to encourage you to make more awesome games.

Anyway, the real point is that it was tons of fun. I love the art, the theme, the special powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Yeah, sorry about that. The publisher makes the pricing decisions. However, you may want to check out this website. They are selling my game for $15.98. You may also want to check out your local hobby game store and see if they would preorder if for you at a discount.

http://www.frpgames.com/new/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5560...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip! I think I'll pre order before they realize the list price is different!

Seriously, Good Luck... it is quite fun. Hopefully the price point won't reflect negatively on the work you put into it. Also, your game isn't the only one they seemed to overprice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casperthegoth wrote:

Sorry I couldn't buy a copy, it was just too much money. Thirty dollars for not having any wooden bits or anything was just too much. Even the score counters are cardboard. I will have to wait until funagain or something like that gets it out for a better price. I really would have bought two copies had it something more than just cardboard, or had been 20 dollars. Times are tough and the price is a bit crazy. I really am sorry about it, I would love to use my money to encourage you to make more awesome games.

Anyway, the real point is that it was tons of fun. I love the art, the theme, the special powers.

Man, 30 bucks is a pizza and a video rental....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeSteadman wrote:
casperthegoth wrote:

Yeah, but the pizza is gone quick and the video is over soon. This game would be played a lot. It's not an issue of the game itself, just the production quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Production quality was fine... I think you are just being a cheapy and refusing to accept that games don't cost $5 anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holm
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeSteadman wrote:

I too would skip one of each for a copy of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
right, that was my point. This game and really any game that is even OK, is worth the price of a pizza and a rental movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense guys... but ever heard of haggling? At conventions you can usually get people off of MSRP, *especially* if you offer to buy multiples

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.