Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the fourteenth session of Battlestar Galatica!

Many thanks to Brian for the moderator images and spreadsheet. Invitations have gone out and we are awaiting replies from the players. If you missed out on this one and want to play some BSG later on, don't forget to sign up on the waiting list:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/399512

GeekList is available at the following link:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43970

This game will be played similar to all of the rest. Once all of the invitations have been accepted, we will begin with character selection.

Players, please subscribe to this thread! It is important that you check in regularly.

As always, I will only be posting card titles, so it is imperative that you own a copy of the game in order to check what is printed on the cards.

This is a game of paranoia and teamwork and will always prompt a lot of discussion about what should get done, etc. For this reason, final decisions must always be posted on bold. This helps filter out your moves or choices from the rest of the discussion.

As always, conditional orders are highly encouraged. If your turn is coming up soon (or an interrupt situation) and you won't be able to check in soon, feel free to GeekMail me what you would like to do and I will post it to the thread and resolve it for you. Please be specific! If the orders you left are invalid for any reason by the time your turn comes, I will wait for you to respond with new orders.

Raider activation interrupts will be handled by sector. When the active player chooses which sector to activate, everyone may send in COs or post what interrupts they would like to use for any shots fired during that activation. You may request that I pause at any time so you may consider, but it should not normally be necessary. Typically, players will ask that they play up to a certain number of evasive maneuvers any time a viper gets hit.

Please adhere to secrecy rules! You may not give specific information about what is on a crisis or destination card! If you aren't sure if something is okay to say, ask me and I will let you know. Please keep game discussion on this thread. I can't moderate discussion between players in GeekMails, so just don't do it.

Finally, speaking in character and posting images is not required, but it highly encouraged. Try to have fun with it!

See you all on Galactica!

Turn Order:

obradley - Laura Roslin

keighleyrob btizo - Saul Tigh

agentzen - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

arkibet - William Adama

InfoCynic - Gaius Baltar

dcorbin - Galen "Chief" Tyrol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am here and ready to rock and roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorbin13, reporting in.

EDT for those that care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to invite more people further down the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant 7 pm on Wednesday. They may still respond by tomorrow.

It's slow now but I figure they haven't checked in because they don't know about the game. Hopefully they can commit to checking in more often once things get going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
I meant 7 pm on Wednesday. They may still respond by tomorrow.

It's slow now but I figure they haven't checked in because they don't know about the game. Hopefully they can commit to checking in more often once things get going.

I"m just anxious. I thought most Moderators were giving 24 hours. Especially since sane:) people have geekmail forwarded to their email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may give less time on the next round of invitations. Looking through the past few games, it looks like these people have ignored several such invitations in the recent past. Hopefully the next batch will get back to us quicker =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next set of invitations have been sent out. I actually recognize most of these users so hopefully they will be a bit more active ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. My only regret is that Cameron can't play too, as well as moderate. Thanks, Cameron!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, this is gonna be confusing... oh well, X2 isn't going to run that much longer. I'm game, but I wonder if starting over a holiday weekend is really a good plan?

Now I'm gonna have to change my avatar again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Oh man, this is gonna be confusing... oh well, X2 isn't going to run that much longer. I'm game, but I wonder if starting over a holiday weekend is really a good plan?

Now I'm gonna have to change my avatar again.

May be slow to start out with but hopefully we can at least get character selection done and be ready to go by the time the weekend is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of which, feel free to send in COs for character selection. I already have a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I didn't expect it to be that quick. I've subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkibet wrote:
Wow! I didn't expect it to be that quick. I've subscribed.

We are very happy to have you! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooh, agentzen! Torona was the first thread I followed from beginning to end. Glad to meet you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the names look familiar, like I've seen them in one of the games. Tom looks suspiciously familiar, oh that's right, you were responsible for all that trouble over in BSG 06. How many of us have played in games 1-13 and/or X1 and X2?

I might also start moderating soon, but I think I'll at least wait for X2 to finish before I try that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Boomer, oh no sorry aaron. We meet again after life on torona. W emust have been that slim population left over from the game that survived.
Or are we both going to end up as cylons and have woken from the destruction of torona to find ourselves on a ressurrection ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Most of the names look familiar, like I've seen them in one of the games. Tom looks suspiciously familiar, oh that's right, you were responsible for all that trouble over in BSG 06. :P How many of us have played in games 1-13 and/or X1 and X2? )

I was in BSG04 and am in BSGX2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorbin13 wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:
Most of the names look familiar, like I've seen them in one of the games. Tom looks suspiciously familiar, oh that's right, you were responsible for all that trouble over in BSG 06. How many of us have played in games 1-13 and/or X1 and X2? )

How fun! It's like an all star cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob - good to see you again so soon!

I was in BSG03 (Humans hung on by a thread for a long time after 4 successive attack cards), and X1 ten-player experiment.

Glad to meet everyone! I look forward to adventuring with you all, and we're in fine hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkibet wrote:
dcorbin13 wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:
Most of the names look familiar, like I've seen them in one of the games. Tom looks suspiciously familiar, oh that's right, you were responsible for all that trouble over in BSG 06. How many of us have played in games 1-13 and/or X1 and X2? )

How fun! It's like an all star cast.

Of course what we really mean is "don't expect to get away with anything, because we're all way too good to fall for the 'oh, I didn't see that would have been a good play' trick"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, Aaron, and myself were all players in BSG 03 Torona. I recognize InfoCynic and Dcorbin from BSG X2, and I recognize Tom from, well, all over the place! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Rob, Aaron, and myself were all players in BSG 03 Torona. I recognize InfoCynic and Dcorbin from BSG X2, and I recognize Tom from, well, all over the place! =)

I know - I'm honored you're running this one! Now I just have to get my photoshop skillz and I'll run too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use PhotoShop but I created a GIMP version that's very easy to use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
I don't use PhotoShop but I created a GIMP version that's very easy to use!

oh hey, maybe I should try that then. I mean, I could do it all in powerpoint and then create a snapshot .jpg, but it sorta feels like cheating and overly manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [58] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.