Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I am not really new to gaming, but I am completely new to conventions. I have never attended any convention before, but after watching Tom Vasal's videos on Origins, I am really anxious to try to attend a convention. I am currently in Mississippi and would be around this area.

What I am asking is are there any conventions near Mississippi and what can I do to prepare for a convention. I am in a dead gaming area. There aren't any real gamers other than the people I have tried to get interested in the hobby, so going to a convention would be a dream come true. Thanks everyone!

Cory D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do it, man. I have never been to Origins but GENCON is so much damn fun. You will meet like minded folks and see all kinds of kick ass stuff to buy. I would recommend that you bring a few games you are really hot to play and make sure you sign up for the con in advance which would include registering for events you want to participate in. In a like vein, hotels and accomodations get picked over so earlier is always better.

Finally, be prepared to sleep less! Have a good one,

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if it's close enough to you or not, but Gamefest South 2 will be held in Chattanooga, TN in mid-August. Here's a link with more info:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/417295
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG.Con

4 days of the best gaming (and best gamers) you'll find, anywhere. Go. Looking at your profile, ratings, etc....I promise you'll have a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a similar situation. I'm pretty new to boardgaming and conventions. I've been to CoastCon a few times and have always left very disappointed. I'm looking forward to attending (and enjoying) some cons this year though.

I know several of us from Jackson, including myself, will be headed to BGG Con in November. It seems like the best bet for time/money.

Jackson ComicCon will be July 18/19 this year at Hinds County Community College. It's $7 for a single day, $10 for both. I'm not sure how much board gaming will actually be happening (if any). I also don't know their website. It might be good if you're into a myriad of hobbies and looking to find some semi-locals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I am not really into the other common hobbies amongst board gamers (Role Playing, minatures, LARPing, ect). I also believe that BGG Con will be during college for me, and I can't afford missing much class (Computer Engineering classes are ridiculous). Are you guys flying or driving to BGG Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Palenshus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Check out Buckeye Game Fest! There should be about 300 gamers there this year and it is only $25.00 for the whole weekend if you pre-reg. It is the first weekend in October. Run by CABS in the same fashion as the Board Room/War Room at ORIGINS.

http://www.buckeyeboardgamers.org/buckeyegamefest.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Hopkins
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spalenshus wrote:
Check out Buckeye Game Fest! There should be about 300 gamers there this year and it is only $25.00 for the whole weekend if you pre-reg. It is the first weekend in October. Run by CABS in the same fashion as the Board Room/War Room at ORIGINS.

http://www.buckeyeboardgamers.org/buckeyegamefest.htm

I was only able to go to one day at BGF last year, and it was great! This year I'm going for more days, and I know it will ROCK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.