Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found workarounds to make this game a bit like prophecy (combining character decks into a pool and using the deck to train) and now I am trying to find a way to have mini quests ala WowTAG. Is this possible using the small expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelein de Cratia
Spain
Guayota City
Nivaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Es incomparablemente mejor que WoWTAG. WoW es "falsa" aventura, Ronebound lo es en estado puro. Ideal para el juegop solitario o entre dos o (máximo) tres jugadores. Hay que jugarlo casi como si se tratara de una película o un juego de rol, con mimo, con paciencia y disfrutándolo a tope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Arbelaez
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you have 3 different kind of Adventure cards: Challenges (monsters you have to combat), encounters (many of them involve some sort of mini-quest) and Events (major ocurrances affecting the world and/or the players).

Check out some of the card images on the RB forum, they're easy to differentiate from challenges and events (the encounter cards don't have images on them -only text-, and they have a Portrait orientation -as opposed to events, which have a Landscape orientation-). Read a few of them.

So, answering your question, you wouldn't necessarily need expansions, just the basic game comes with enough encounters for you to get a feel of them. However, if you want a game more centered on miniquests, you can get a few small-box Adventure deck expansions that include encounters, and perhaps remove some of the challenge cards, to increase the encounter/challenge ratio. NOT all Adventure deck expansions have events, nor the same amount of encounters. Check them out in detail here:

http://fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view...

Also, there are lots of variants that describe ways to increase the exploration, check out the RB forum.

Keep in mind that Runebound is more combat oriented than other games that lean more towards exploration/quest completion. If you're looking for a game more centered on exploration, you should check out Return of the Heroes, although I do think Runebound is a much, much better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Negron
United States
New Hyde Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just sold me on getting Runebound. I want the combat more than exploration. I was just looking for miniquest to add to the combat purpose of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Atmaja
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boricua1111 wrote:
You just sold me on getting Runebound. I want the combat more than exploration. I was just looking for miniquest to add to the combat purpose of this game.

if you prefer combat oriented game, then runebound is the one for you because of it's great combat mechanic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.