Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: [YT] Last Airbender first teaser rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Looks interesting but he has been full of duds lately...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shyamalan's twist: He's actually the FIRST AIRBENDER OMG!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Shyamalan's twist: He's actually the FIRST AIRBENDER OMG!!!


Nah, his twist will be HE'S ACTUALLY A GHOST OMG!!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
Avatar
mb
The only twist this time around will be if it's a good movie.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I think they just gave away the twist. He is actually a child.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
I think they just gave away the twist. He is actually a child.


Yes, a GHOST CHILD THAT HAS PLANTS OMG!!!!!!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
tatoolo wrote:
Shyamalan's twist: He's actually the FIRST AIRBENDER OMG!!!


Nah, his twist will be HE'S ACTUALLY A GHOST OMG!!!!!


I just Jizzed in my pants!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I guess this is based on a Japanese Manga/Anime. Ayumi told me all about it last night, she seems to be interested. From what she told me though, I think I know what the actual twist will be.

*Well I just wikipediaed it and according to it it's actually American and not Japanese. Still though, Ayumi seemed to know all about it--I wonder if it was a remake of something...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
I guess this is based on a Japanese Manga/Anime. Ayumi told me all about it last night, she seems to be interested. From what she told me though, I think I know what the actual twist will be.


Shyamalan will show up, write a book and save all mankind before getting naked?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really sad, actually. The animated series was terrific - well written, thought-provoking and creative. I would recommend to anybody to watch the original series if it gets re-broadcast on Nick. This live remake can only cheapen the original concept.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, maybe you guys aren't cool enough to have heard of Avatar, so let me tell you about it. It's one of the best cartoon series I've seen in awhile. The main problem with this movie? It didn't need to be made. The cartoon is excellently written and animated. The action sequences are amazing (probably better coreographed than most recent summer blockbusters). The use of the elemental bending skills is incredibly well done and thought out. The humor is fun, and it has a very strong heart and soul to it. And, it's actually a story. It was three seasons, each called a book that equated to elements. There is a beginning middle and end to the story. I would recommend it to anyone, manga fan or not. It is great for kids too--lots of dealing with friendship and emotion and right and wrong. I would rate it a solid PG, though.

It is not Japanese, BTW, it was originally shown on Nickelodean. And I think Nick Toons still shows it.

Also, it is sad to see that Hacky Shamomelon get's his name up in the title like he had anything to do with this actually good story.


[ I would put a YT clip up, but there really aren't any--probably because Nick is Viacom and so has been stripped from YouTube by it's Lawyer Hordes. ]

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Okay, maybe you guys aren't cool enough to have heard of Avatar, so let me tell you about it. It's one of the best cartoon series I've seen in awhile. The main problem with this movie? It didn't need to be made. The cartoon is excellently written and animated. The action sequences are amazing (probably better coreographed than most recent summer blockbusters). The use of the elemental bending skills is incredibly well done and thought out. The humor is fun, and it has a very strong heart and soul to it. And, it's actually a story. It was three seasons, each called a book that equated to elements. There is a beginning middle and end to the story. I would recommend it to anyone, manga fan or not. It is great for kids to--lots of dealing with friendship and emotion and right and wrong. I would rate it a solid PG, though.

It is not Japanese, BTW, it was originally shown on Nickelodean. And I think Nick Toons still shows it.



And it had Mako as one of the voice actors. Mako FTW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
And it had Mako as one of the voice actors. Mako FTW.


Yes, Mako rocks. He actually died a couple of years ago, right after they had made Season 2. There is a very touching scene in an episode where his character sings a little song in rememberence of his dead son, and at the end of it they show:

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Also, it is sad to see that Hacky Shamomelon get's his name up in the title like he had anything to do with this actually good story.


And this is one of the things that really irritated me on the teaser, the way he put his name on top of the title, as he always does, only this time the idea wasn't his.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
BoB3K wrote:
The main problem with this movie? It didn't need to be made.


Ah, but if it hadn't ever been made, then I would have most likely never ever checked out the source material. I also think it is fair to assume that there are plenty of other people that don't watch Nickelodeon and had not ever heard of it. Thus, by the making of this movie these people may become aware of the original, like myself, and in turn check it out. So maybe there are some positives in it being made.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
BoB3K wrote:
The main problem with this movie? It didn't need to be made.

Ah, but if it hadn't ever been made, then I would have most likely never ever checked out the source material. I also think it is fair to assume that there are plenty of other people that don't watch Nickelodeon and had not ever heard of it. Thus, by the making of this movie these people may become aware of the original, like myself, and in turn check it out. So maybe there are some positives in it being made.

Hmmmm. Interesting concept. So, you make a crappy remake of something to shine light on the better original work. Interesting. I think you may have hit on Hollywood's current ongoing underlying goal.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.