Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cash and Guns (I'm going to ignore the for-effect punctuation) is a game not entirely unrelated to Razzia/Ra about pushing your luck, bluffing, and trying to amass the largest possible amount of money from a dividing pile of loot that's astonishingly hard to divide up evenly. Unlike any of the other games, the central part of this game is in choosing who to point your gun at!

The game is set up for 8 rounds with just enough money in 5, 10, and $20,000 notes (bearer bonds, one must assume). Each player receives a black foam gun (orange in the shape of an elephant in the US), a little character on a stand, and 8 bullet cards. Since real life games aren't entirely like a Tarantino film, of your 8 cards, you have only two Bang! cards and one Bang! Bang! Bang! card and the rest are Click! or an empty gun.

Each round, 5 new notes are turned over in random denominations. The players select whether they're planning to use one of their precious bullets this round and then simultaneously point their guns at some other player. At this point everyone gets a chance to tuck their tail between their legs and run like the coward they are. Players who flee also take a $5000 penalty shame token .

Again, unlike a Tarantino movie, you're neither allowed to shoot nor take a razor or baseball bat to someone who runs away, so any players aiming at fled players simply put their guns down. Once only the final guns are left, any Bang! Bang! Bang! cards fire first, possibly taking slower players out of the running to both fire and collect money. FInally the remaining Bang! and Click! cards are turned over and acted upon. Players collecting 3 wounds are dead and out of the game.

Any players who have neither fled or been shot divide the spoils. Money must be divided absolutely fairly between the players and any notes which can't be divided are left on the table to form part of the pot next round. It's not unusual for no money to be given out at all!

Finally at the end of the game (8 rounds), anyone left alive counts their money and subtracts any cowardly shame tokens and the richest player wins!

Now, onto the couples part. One significant problem you might encounter with the game is that in an given game, couples are both more likely to aim or shoot at each other as well as more likely to be terribly hurt when this happens and take a horrific revenge. Based on our experience I'd recommend a maximum of 3 full games per day, or possibly 2 if people are feeling twitchy.

Overall it's a fun little game if you happen to play games with people who don't feel strongly about foam guns or incredibly caricatured artwork (which I personally think is a great feature of all Repos games) and especially if you avoid people who try to think too much during the game. Slow, it would be a real drag. If there's a copy near you, you should give it a shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that the horrible orange guns aren't limited to the US but also appear in any UK copies of the game I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were they also in the shape of an elephant?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how bad your eyesight is or how misshapen your elephant is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.