Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the spanish version of the game and I am having trouble to understand one issue regarding the delivery of goods and the length I can take goods depending on my trains.

So, if I have a 2 level train and a city-track-village with track-track-city, can I deliver the goods? i.e the level 2 means that I can only use two tracks? Or does it mean that I can use only two consecutive tracks i.e. city-track-track-city-track-village-track?

Villages (before improving them to cities -I have the spanish rules I don't know the exact english name) count towards the 2 limit or not?

The Spanish rules talk about connections but do not give a definition of what a connection is. (track only, track and village, track and city)

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A connection is from one city/town to the next city/town no matter how many track tiles exist between them. So in your example of

City--track--village--track--track--City: A 2-link loco could make the delivery.

Even if it was City--track--track--track--track--village--track--track--track--track--track--City: Your 2-link loco could make the delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both a city and a villiage are valid "nodes" for a connection (or in English a "link") . For the purposes of this answer I will say that they are both Urban Centres. A connection is ALL the track joining two urban centres, no matter how many tiles are used. so

1) City - track - track -track - track - City is ONE connection

2) City - track - village - track - track - City is TWO connections

3) City - track - City - track - village - track - City is THREE connections.

The number of tiles used between two urban centres does not make a difference: it is still one connection.

Example 1 requires a loco level 1, Example 2 requires a 2 level loco, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I find it easiest to count your route markers as links - simply count the dots to your destination.

That's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone. I would have never understand the rules that way! shake

I suppose there are so many hardcore train gamers out there that when doing the rules certain things are like second nature for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.