United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently had the dubious pleasure of losing some money at a craps table, and I was struck with just how perfect the tables are for keeping the beverages of tipsy gamblers away from the pristine felt of the playing surface. It's very simple; there is a ledge to hold your drinks under the table.

Now granted, you're standing up when you play craps, and the playing surface is deeply recessed into the table, but it still seems feasible that a regular table could be built to integrate this feature. It would probably have to be substantially taller than a normal table to have sufficient leg room, or perhaps even use stools rather than chairs so legs are less of an obstacle. I'm not an engineer by any means, but it seems doable.

So has anyone eve tried making a game table like this? Do any companies produce anything similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a vendor at Kublacon selling customized gaming tables with a recessed game surface, foldaway tables for storing components, detachable drink holders and dice towers. Well made out of Oak or Maple hardwoods.

Price: $5,000 - $12,500

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Behold, the sippy cup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LankyEngineer wrote:
Behold, the sippy cup!

Either you don't have children or you've been fortunate. Those cups most assuredly do not guarantee no messes.

However, a container with a sealable top does, unless the top doesn't get used properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.geekchichq.com ( i think it is) has some ludicrously expensive game tables with all the trimmings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pulpy
msg tools
mbmbmb
This table is incredible. You can fill it with beer, and drink out of it using tubes. You can then play safely on a second normal table aside: nobody can spill their drink no more devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty near impossible to spill from one of these bottles, unfortunately they don't seem to sell just the bottle. I suppose you could go a step further and set everyone up with a Cameback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D Beau wrote:
I recently had the dubious pleasure of losing some money at a craps table, and I was struck with just how perfect the tables are for keeping the beverages of tipsy gamblers away from the pristine felt of the playing surface. It's very simple; there is a ledge to hold your drinks under the table.

Now granted, you're standing up when you play craps, and the playing surface is deeply recessed into the table, but it still seems feasible that a regular table could be built to integrate this feature. It would probably have to be substantially taller than a normal table to have sufficient leg room, or perhaps even use stools rather than chairs so legs are less of an obstacle. I'm not an engineer by any means, but it seems doable.

So has anyone eve tried making a game table like this? Do any companies produce anything similar?

A craps table is designed specifically for craps. Have you seen them play poker or blackjack on it? There's a reason.

It's far less expensive to buy some small folding tables that set up separately from the playing surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.