Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnie Shimo
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
If you had been at the CABS War Room @ Origins 2009 you would have been able to catch a playtest of this latest GTS title. I took the French while Mike Galandiuk took the Italians in the Introductory Scenario - In this short intro scenario the 132nd regiment of the Ariete Division takes on a regiment of the 13th Demi-Brigade of the French Foreign Legion entrenched @ Bir Hachiem. The VC require the Italians to have an unsupressed unit within the DBLE setup area by end game. Mike approached the Fort and was engaged by the DBLE's lone AT gun to little effect. The Italians then came straight ahead and the AT gun finally supressed one company. The DBLE then moved its Machine Gun company up to support the AT Gun as the Italians Assaulted on the last activation of the last turn - The assault was inconclusive with the DBLE fighting off the Italian Armor and forcing a Free French Victory.

Dick Vohlers then took the Germans with Mike handling the French in Scenario 3 - The Fight for Point 186. In this scenario several German KG's with Armor Support attempt to take an Observation Point from a regiment of the Free French Mobile Brigade while a regiment of the 13th DBLE stands in reserve. Dick came straight ahead into the teeth of two French AT Guns ( with Mike dicing him pretty good ) and was unable to reach the OP during this shortened scenario.

Everyone had a great time and enjoyed TDC's "Little Brother"

NQOS is perfect if you have shied away from TDC because of its size - One Map, low counter density and minimal terrain - What more could you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What more could you want.

How about the game itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When did you guys playtest this one? I saw you play a number of different games, but trying to recall if I saw this one or not. Of course, they all looked great...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnie Shimo
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Pete Atack wrote:
Quote:

How about the game itself?

I'll let Nick handle that one - but I think he's close to the end of playtesting the final couple of scenarios it should be RSN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnie Shimo
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
scoutmom wrote:
When did you guys playtest this one? I saw you play a number of different games, but trying to recall if I saw this one or not. Of course, they all looked great...

Hey Cindy,

I think this was Thursday - We got both games in early. Friday was TDC and of course the mini-epic Storm over Stalingrad game.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mini epic?

That was a great game. I could not leave until it was finished. Really great to watch, but oh SO glad it wasn't me in that chair all night long!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
ashimo wrote:

The game in my hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.