Hide
12 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: Discarding The Meat Cleaver rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Randall
msg tools
While i was playing this game for the first time I came across a range of weapons all needing a D6 to be rolled for weapon repair, but after using the meat cleaver the card did not specify weather to discard after use or roll A D6 for repair.

any help would be gratefully recieved

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it doesn't say anything, you don't have to roll. It just never breaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Very useful weapon to have then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Randall
msg tools
I see so once this weapon is obtained the hero that obtained it keeps it for the duration of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slash_burns wrote:
I see so once this weapon is obtained the hero that obtained it keeps it for the duration of the game?

Yeppers.

...Unless they die, hand it to another player, or choose to drop it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also cards in Growing Hunger that can make heroes discard their items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Randall
msg tools
Nice to have that cleard up, thanks for all the posts i shall hopefully play this again tonightlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Meat Cleaver is my most feared weapon, as I am usually the zombies. Instant kill, no!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jf Roustan
France
St Paul des fonts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the zombies i often play, the combination of the priest with the meat cleaver and a faith card is fatal and feared... And terribly hilariting for the heroes players... Because short of the right cards, it cannot be stopped...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brain fart.. but if a Zombie rolls a 6 and the Hero rolls a 5 and a 6, is it an Instant Kill? Or a Wound to the Hero and a kill? Or just a Wound to the Hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall clearly, INSTANTLY takes precedence over the Zombie being able to wound the Hero. I think it's in the FAQ but I could be wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPARTAN VI wrote:
Brain fart.. but if a Zombie rolls a 6 and the Hero rolls a 5 and a 6, is it an Instant Kill? Or a Wound to the Hero and a kill? Or just a Wound to the Hero?

We were wondering about this as well and consulted the rules. The rules say "A Fight is only resolved after all players have decided not to use any more cards or abilities." In this case, the zombie is killed "instantly" due to the ability to the cleaver, so there is no tie. At least that's how we interpret it.

So yeah, the cleaver is a great weapon!

[Edited: Added in the official wording from the rules]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.