United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just received a copy of New World and the only thing it is missing is a single blue piece of paper money (the 20 denomination).

The money just has "AH" in the middle so they seem generic enough they could of been re-used in other AH games as well. Does anyone know if other AH games use the same money or if anyone has the one piece that would be great.

Regards,
Brent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all the AH games that used money used the same stock, regardless of theme or period. Age of Renaissance, for instance, has the standard AH money. I wouldn't be surprised if Merchant of Venus did as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

I checked those games and the money is the same but it looks like they changed the paper color. I did a search of Avalon Hill and Economic games and most of the games started out at higher denominations like 100 and up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap, so you've gotta find a $20 from that particular game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's really odd to me is that my Avalon Hill version of Acquire, an old-school version, post-3M merger... has a blend of money from 3M and Avalon Hill.

I'd like to replace the non-AH money in the denominations they came in. It bothers me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm completely missing the point, here. In the unlikely event you use all of the twenties you do have, why not just use two tens or four fives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Um, I think we all understand the concept of money... just looking to make it a 100% complete game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.