Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tackled my first game after 40ish minute of preparation! I didn't know really what to do but since my 2 characters had good weapons and spells, i sent them to gather clues first since with only 2 characters, the turns was over fast and gate was popping like rabbits!!!

So I walk on a location with amanda sharp. There is a gate and a monster. I fight the monster and naturally with the shotgun and 2 sixes, blood is all over the wall!!! My fight end my movement. Do I get sucked in the gate right after the fight so in OW encounters, I do my first OW (phase 4) encounter the same turn I fought the monster in phase 2?

With the 2 first mytos cards, it added a clue at the same location where there was initially one at the beginning of the game for a total of 3. Amanda went there and there was no mob. She picked up the 3. There can be more than 1 clue at a location right?

I read in the rules that some locations have special location icons that have their color reversed..........never mind I actually looked at the board and they were inverted

First player has a speed of 4. There was an element cards 'raining cats and dogs' i think that said speed check -1. I'd figure that if the first player has a speed of 4 which means she has 4 movement, the speed check means that she only moves 3 now?

First player can move for 3. She does her first movement and is at teh same street location than second player. First and second player trades stuff. Then first player does her final 2 movements. Then second player does her movements. I read the rules and it seems you can trade anytime except when in combat. Is this scenario right?

Yog-Sothoth Ancient one. It says on the card while he slumbers any investigator lost in time and space is devoured? I never did a full game yet but is it possible to never be lost in space in a game? Devoured means, scrap your guy, keep whatever it says in the rules and start a new guy right? Jeeze how can this guy be defeated.

Find gate : My amanda had find gate. When I did her first OW encounter in dreamlands, it said it was empty so actually nothing happened. So in my next movement (phase 2) i could have used my spell and at phase 3, ark encounters, I could have closed and seal the gate?

I suspect that when we start the game, if its an environment card and its the next mythos phase, it's a rumor, the envrionment card always stays in play except when there is another env card played? Meaning the whole game, there is an environment card?

Well thats it for now. We will do our first full game tomorrow with 3 people. Hopefully I know the rules enough so the game has a good flow.

Here are some pics of my inevitable doom!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bobthesnake wrote:
I tackled my first game after 40ish minute of preparation! I didn't know really what to do but since my 2 characters had good weapons and spells, i sent them to gather clues first since with only 2 characters, the turns was over fast and gate was popping like rabbits!!!

You win by sealing or closing gates so that should be your primary focus. If someone has good weapons or spells, they can clear the streets of monsters while the other focuses on Clue gathering and closing/sealing gates. There's a little more to it, but that is the general idea.

Quote:
So I walk on a location with amanda sharp. There is a gate and a monster. I fight the monster and naturally with the shotgun and 2 sixes, blood is all over the wall!!! My fight end my movement. Do I get sucked in the gate right after the fight so in OW encounters, I do my first OW (phase 4) encounter the same turn I fought the monster in phase 2?

You get sucked through during Phase 3 Arkham Encounters so you will have an OW encounter in Phase 4. So you mostly did it right.

Quote:
With the 2 first mytos cards, it added a clue at the same location where there was initially one at the beginning of the game for a total of 3. Amanda went there and there was no mob. She picked up the 3. There can be more than 1 clue at a location right?

Yes, there is no limit to the number of clues at a location (unless an effect limits it). You may pick up any or all of the clues if you end movement there..

Quote:
I read in the rules that some locations have special location icons that have their color reversed..........never mind I actually looked at the board and they were inverted

The white circles means that is the most likely "reward" of encounters. The black symbol means there is a guaranteed way of getting that.
Quote:

First player has a speed of 4. There was an element cards 'raining cats and dogs' i think that said speed check -1. I'd figure that if the first player has a speed of 4 which means she has 4 movement, the speed check means that she only moves 3 now?

That si correct.

Quote:
First player can move for 3. She does her first movement and is at teh same street location than second player. First and second player trades stuff. Then first player does her final 2 movements. Then second player does her movements. I read the rules and it seems you can trade anytime except when in combat. Is this scenario right?

Also correct.

Quote:
Yog-Sothoth Ancient one. It says on the card while he slumbers any investigator lost in time and space is devoured? I never did a full game yet but is it possible to never be lost in space in a game? Devoured means, scrap your guy, keep whatever it says in the rules and start a new guy right? Jeeze how can this guy be defeated.

It is possible to play some games and never be lost in time and space, and then other games, it seems you are there every other turn. Just depends on the encounters you get in the OW. And yes, getting devoured means you discard your current character and keep what the rules tell you to keep. Your devoured character goes back in the mix though so it is possible to draw him again.

Quote:
Find gate : My amanda had find gate. When I did her first OW encounter in dreamlands, it said it was empty so actually nothing happened. So in my next movement (phase 2) i could have used my spell and at phase 3, ark encounters, I could have closed and seal the gate?

Yes, that is right.

Quote:
I suspect that when we start the game, if its an environment card and its the next mythos phase, it's a rumor, the envrionment card always stays in play except when there is another env card played? Meaning the whole game, there is an environment card?

Yes, that is correct. You can have up to 3 mythos cards in play at once - a headline, any environment, and a rumour. Headlines last one round only, environment until the next one is drawn and a rumor until it is passed/failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that you have a seat reserved in the Other Worlds for your baby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ozjesting wrote:
I love that you have a seat reserved in the Other Worlds for your baby!

No, that is Wendy Adams' seat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.