Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've done the level of support granting 'ad block' for a few years, now, but still let most ads go by. The unobtrusive ones, anyway - for example, the ad on the page header, Tanga ads, few others.

BECAUSE...for the most part, they are interesting. Game related, sometimes PC games (hey, I'm a PC gamer, too), etc. But some are really dumb. And I guess I've been sitting on the opinion for a while, because - I mean, I work in tech support - 'dumb' I can deal with alright.

Something about that 'goth dating' ad, though, really put me over and I turned them off entirely. Seems kind of a shame to miss out on other potentially interesting ads, though. Ergo, the suggestion. Filtering! If I could just say something like "no dating ads" or, better, "prefer games/gaming/game store ads" or something like that.

I mean, it's not a HUGE deal - I pay for the adblock, so I can just turn them all off. But I'd rather not HAVE to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could pay for the adblock, and then not turn it on, but use something like Adblockplus for Firefox to only block the ads you don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.