Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both seem very similar... how do they differ? How are they alike?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest difference is that BANG! is more like a typical board/card game while Cash&Guns is more of a psychological game which you play for the experience. For example, in Bang you try to figure out who is on your side (or shoot someone because he started it); you play guns and horses and barrels because they improve your position; you may horde Bang, Miss, and Beer cards for a crucial time. Bang is a cross between Mafia/The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow and take-that games like Family Business, Plague & Pestilence, and Nuclear War.

In Cash&Guns, every round you put your gun at someone and you might have guns pointed at you. Then you simultaneously decide to back down or not. It's a game of bravado and bluff. Sure, people play to win, but a lot of the fun comes from making quick decisions and the events that happen as a result. There is a policeman optional rule which adds a Mafia element to the game.

Beside the potential Mafia aspect of figuring out who's who, both games involve shooting your friends. The similarities kinda end there.

The other big difference to my mind is the Bang is much slower paced. Not only are there too many Miss and Beer cards, making it hard to eliminate a player, but the cards only have iconography and no words, so new players spend a lot of time looking up what each card means. And there are a lot of different cards. There's very little downtime in Cash&Guns, but it's probably the more different from the games you've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the biggest difference is the goal of the game.

In Bang, the goal of the game is to eliminate your enemies, so it's almost certain that several people will be sitting and watching the end of the game.

In Cash and Guns, the goal is to get the most money. Therefore, it's possible to have all players survive the game, although usually some will be eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.