Subject: What is hidden information in the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What can be hidden behind the player's screen?

From my reading of the rules, I believe the following can be placed behind the player's screen:
1. RUs
2. Non-played Encounter Tokens
3. Victory Point Tokens

One player was placing their battle cards behind the screen.
1. Is this legal?
2. If not, can other players ask how many battle cards you have during the game and are you required to truthfully answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My default rule for all games would be that the number of cards a player holds is public information. If the rules say otherwise, then ok, but barring a specific passage from the rules, that's what I'd go with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spot on. The number of cards you have has to be visible to the other players. The other things: VP tokens, RUs, non-played Encounters are hidden. Your # of Research cards should be visible as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick replies, Matt and Oliver.

Oliver, we had fun playing the game for the first time this past Saturday and I look forward to playing it again.

The only two questions we had over the rules were this one, concerning what is hidden information, and the order of resolving the High Impact cards which we found later in the FAQ, but at the time we resolved in favor of the defender.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.