Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeff ven
Belgium
antwerpen
borgerhout
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK this is my first review so pleas be gentle before clubbing me to death .
I went and got zombies!!! 2nd edition about 2 years ago, i have always been a zombie movie fan and when i saw the game i just had to buy it.
I have been playing the game with many people, including non gamers and zombies really is simple enough to get anyone introduced to board gaming.
The game play is rather simplistic, depending on the scenario you are doing but if your going for the get to the chopper and get the hell out kind of game its pretty straight forward.

GAME PLAY
The game starts in the central square, and every times its a players turn they draw a card from the tile deck and place it on any legal space adjacent to another road.
There are 2 basic tiles in the game these are the road tiles and the buildings.
Zombie placement is easy, if you have a road tile with a road leaving the tile on 2 places place 2 zombies on that tile, so on a crossroad that would be 4 zombies.
After you have placed the tile you roll the dice to see how much spaces you may move.
If when moving you get on the same space as a zombie, battle takes place.
When battling you roll a die, on 4,5 or 6 you kill the zombie if you roll less the zombie damages you for 1 hp (health point)
But you can upgrade your roll by using bullet tokes, so if you would roll a 3 and discard 1 bullet token the result would be 4 thus killing the zombie.
Bullets and life tokes can be found in buildings as well as weapons.
At the hart of the game zombies!!! is a card driven game, adding allot of expanding possibility to the game.
Lets say you would draw a chainsaw card, you would have to get to the lawn and garden center (as stated on the card) to put it in play, when you discard it you would gain a plus on your combat rolls for that round.
Some cards can be put in play and discarded (activated) when you like to use them.
Other cards will go of immediately as stated on the card.
so the best ting to do is stock up ammo (no limit) and lives (5max) and try to get as many good cards as possible.
After you have done all your movement its time to move the zombies.
Roll a die to see how many zombies you get to move.
The goal of the game is to reach the heliport, or to be the first to kill a set number of zombies.
So again when you are moving zombies onto the path of your opponents make sure you are not giving them enough zombies to get a victory.
Off course zombies wouldn't be zombies if the majority of the cards where not designed to bug your opponent going from taking there ammo, placing more zombies to even replacing the heliport.
I am going to leave the rest of the rules for what they are this is to give you the basic idea.

Conclusion
I have played zombies 100+ times with allot of different people, and i must say almost everybody liked the game.
The only downside to the game is that it tends to drag on in the end and lasting from 1 to 2 hours or longer (depending if you are using expansions).
I wouldn't go as far as saying its the best game i own, but its a great game to play with a bunch of people.
I must say i own a few of the expansions (3,3.5,5 and 6) and some of them enhance the game play allot.
I especially like 3.5 witch is a all card expansion, and 6 because it just blends in with the original tiles.
The guts rules from zombies 5 are a fun expansion as well, but allays having an entire school or mall pasted on to the board tends to make it last to long.
If i would have to rate zombies i would rate it a 8/10 because there are some flaws.
Overall a very nice game, with beautiful art and limitless re playability, because the board will always be different.
I hope you enjoyed it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
ok this is my first review so pleas be gentle befor clubbing me to death

I won't club a fellow belgian and use the club to fight off the zombies instead. zombie
Even among those who like it, I've never saw the term "party game" to describe Zombies!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff ven
Belgium
antwerpen
borgerhout
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HavocIsHere wrote:
Quote:
ok this is my first review so pleas be gentle befor clubbing me to death

I won't club a fellow belgian and use the club to fight off the zombies instead. zombie
Even among those who like it, I've never saw the term "party game" to describe Zombies!!!

Hehehe no indeed, but i think zombies is at its hart a party game.
Offcourse opinions may differ, but to me its easy to learn, high fun factor, allot of laughs, and even playable when your drunk.
And seeing we in belgium have allot of great beers it is bound to happen every once and a while cool.
So maybe the name party game isent quit fit for the job, but by lack of something better to call it i keep saying: PARTY GAME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff!
Actually, party game is a perfect description of Zombies!!! The game was designed to be as easy as possible to set-up and teach. It was also designed to be easy to play when "altered." Hell, it was even conceived while we were enjoying a few adult beverages and couldn't remember how to play a Eurogame. (Even after reading the rules...LOL)

As I am fond of saying, Zombies!!! is very much meant to be "dumb fun in a box!"
Cheers!
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

PS. Belgium DOES have GREAT beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris kline

Santa Barbara
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree too. Great party game. Great to drink beer while playing it.

But oddly enough, since it is sooo easy, I play it with my kids too, (ages 7 and 9) and they love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I disliked Zombies, but maybe I did not drink enough, or the wrong choice of beer

Cheers & have a drink on me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff ven
Belgium
antwerpen
borgerhout
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats right, about the only thing every belgium guy is real proud of is his beer .
We play zombies!!! allot and it seems to be the game that gets the most playtime at my house and gamegroup.
It plays perfect (yes even when your drunk) and its small enough to take anywhere.
I even took it on the plain to kreta where i played zombies with the locals, how cool is that .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.