Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEASE THUMB UP THIS POST TO ATTRACT MORE GAMERS!!!

Quick note:
The next session is WEDNESDAY July 15th.
It was Monday this week because the Legion is closed for Canada Day.

Now on to the games...

Perdu : Liar's Dice
It looks like there were a few games of "bluff'n'stuff" I look forward to hearing who had the best non-gaga-pokerface.

Space Alert... Yes, it was the iGame back from last week for a second attack. I look forward to hearing who was the Blaster Master.

At the other end of the table we played Le Havre.
It was a first time ever for two and a first time for 4p for Kuub and I.
I picked up the win but only by one ship.
The key to this I find is the same as Puerto Rico in the sense that you have to mesh your buildings. This puts a first time player at a heck of a disadvantage. I'd be curious to hear from the other Havre-players (and even from the Havre-nots).

I think there was one more game starting as we took off.
Post'em if you played'em.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:

Space Alert... Yes, it was the iGame back from last week for a second attack. I look forward to hearing who was the Blaster Master.

Well, it's a coop game so we all live and (mostly) die together. There is a definite learning curve to this game. I've taught it to 3 different groups and have yet to tackle the actual missions. We did do the advanced simulations though. Our survival rate was
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
[q="MrZoz"]
Space Alert... Our survival rate was

Was ...

Don't keep us in suspense man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm... seems the less than sign was interpreted as malformed HTML

our survival was around 20%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I thought you were saying your survival rate was nil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I thought it was an implication that, right as the reports of crew survival were being relayed to the outside world, there was sudden radio silence and the ship was never heard from aga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bert = Luke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runfritzierun wrote:

Then came Space Alert and Le Havre. I joined the latter game with Mark, Karrie, and Mike. This was the first try at this for Mike and I. As Mark mentioned, there are elements of Puerto Rico here, and of course, Agricola. Despite being familiar with these two games, we were about halfway through our match before I began to glean a shadow of a strategy. This of course meant I was at least one, two, or even several steps behind the others. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed the brain-burn this game provided. (When I shake my head during my turn and mutter, that means I'm enjoying myself!) Thanks for bringing it out, Mark. I'd like another kick at this some time.

One thing I've noticed about Le Havre is that when the game is over every one has a vacant stare and a bit of drool hanging from the corner of their mouth. I can never tell if that is good or bad.

If people keep playing it, I'll keep bringing it.

goo
MrZoz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.