Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been reading to forums and I'm getting bits and pieces of what's supposed to happen when an investigator is devoured.

1) Pick a new investigator and place him/her at the starting location with their fixed and random possessions.
2) Keep all of the monster/gate trophies of the devoured/retired investigator. Discard all other items/money/clues/special cards etc.
3) Pass/Failed personal stories remain in effect? (THis is the one I've been reading somewhere....and I'm not sure what that means. Most personal stories pass/fail effects only affect that investigator...like "Diana cannot be blessed" in her fail effect.

Is there anything else I missed?

The rules are just kind of vague on this topic....

---

A bit off topic, I'm playing the rail pass as an item you can trade to other investigators as though it were a common item and is treated as such. Is there a specific rule that says otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1) Yes. But realize the just devoured investigator goes back into the pile and could be randomly drawn again.

2) Yes.

3) I haven't seen any discussion on this but it is a "personal" story and should go if the investigator goes. I haven't read through them all so I don't know what global impacts the pass/fail condition has. I think we need an official clarification but my gut would say toss them. (I guess the thought is that, for example, Jenny Barnes' sister remains either dead or alive no matter what happens ot Jenny. So if a story like that had an effect beyond just Jenny, then it shoudl still stay in play even after Jenny is gone. But the general procedure is all small cards associated with an investigator are discarded and these are small cards associated with an investigator).

4) Since your title mentioned it, Retiring has the added effects of you losing 1 turn, not triggering any "devoured" effects, and being voluntary (as opposed to the game dictating to you that you are devoured).

Rail Pass: I thought we had an official ruling on this one but I am not certain. I am inclined to say it can be traded as an item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ooo okay. Thanks for the quick response! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.