Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always on the hunt for really great geeky movies. Not this silly Transformers 2 nonsense, but hard core stuff that only a geek would truly love.

My wife and I just caught The Man From Earth and it definitely can be categorized as only something that would appeal to people who enjoy thought experiments.

After ten years at a university, a tenured professor suddenly announces that he's leaving. Several of his colleagues show up at his house as he's packing and they press him on this sudden departure. Eventually he cracks and explains that he's been alive for 14,000 years and that it's time he moves on as he never ages.

The rest of the movie is a long conversation, where a group of academics ask lots of questions, wonder of his sanity and ultimately what they really believe.

Great movie, pretty much the anti-matter of Bay's Transformers 2, but oddly enough both movies share similar themes with their plots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.