Popular Tags: [View All]
Art Vandelay
Canada
100 Mile House
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Day after receiving Arctic Scavengers in the mail, we got it to the table..

Early on, David managed to find a couple med kits in the junkyard. Myself and Joel were constantly digging, but coming up empty. I managed to find a syringe to at least give me a little bit of meds.

By now it was round 3 and the skirmish would be starting...I had picked up a couple of brawlers, since it would be a while before i could get any thugs, thanks to missing out on a med kit. Most of the contested resources were won in large battles, where players had saved 6+ power of fighting.

In the mid game, each player went a different route. I continued agressively digging for a med kit, with no luck. I hired scouts, and brawlers mainly, for the rest of the game.
Joel went pretty heavy on fighting, and managed to grab some thugs. He also could not find a med kit...and hired some saboteurs.
David decided to try out the snipers, hiring prolly around 4 of them, thanks to his med kits.

I used the scouts most of the time for their draw 2 giving me the chance to draw some more brawlers for fighting. This ended up working pretty well. In the end I managed to win 8 of the 14 skirmishes.

Final Scores:

Matt: 39
Joel: 34
Dave: 25

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great session report. Thanks for describing the different paths to victory. Something that I find of particular interest is that you NEVER found a medkit and you still pulled out the win. This is entirely by design and yet many people have indicated a poor impression of the game because they felt that the ability to grab medkits was essential to victory. This simply is not the case, and your session report proves it.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.