Orrin Venn
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNiwjk6xhQ&feature=channel

Here is some video of a game I invented a few years ago being run at a Ren Faire. I've been thinking of designing a home version. Comments, good or bad, welcome, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reconsidering your marketing approach! You will get a much better response this way. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The family were enjoying themselves, but I would like to know more about the mechanics and the gameplay and how much skill is involved. It appeared that the game was 80% luck and 20% skill, but I would like to be proved wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orrin Venn
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Dungeon Dodge is, I admit, a very simple, Peek-a-Boo game. However, if you want to really know how much 'skill' is involved, it would depend on what you consider to be a 'skill'.

For instance, is being able to hold a 'poker face' a skill? Is being able to read a person's eyes and body language a skill? Is a knowledge of human psychology and the abilty to interpret the nuances of what people say a skill?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, then the question is not how much of the game depends on skill. It is 'how much skill do YOU have?'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Wildwood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that definition, Old Maid is a skill game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheArxmaster wrote:
Dungeon Dodge is, I admit, a very simple, Peek-a-Boo game. However, if you want to really know how much 'skill' is involved, it would depend on what you consider to be a 'skill'.

For instance, is being able to hold a 'poker face' a skill? Is being able to read a person's eyes and body language a skill? Is a knowledge of human psychology and the abilty to interpret the nuances of what people say a skill?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, then the question is not how much of the game depends on skill. It is 'how much skill do YOU have?'.

In short: It's all luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Given how much of top level professional poker is being able to hold a poker face and read other players that in itself means there is an element of skill possible.

Being able to work out reasonable sort of strategies based on "reads" is a skill as well.

I'd have to take a look at the youtube clip for further analysis tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orrin Venn
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I agree. Old Maid IS a skill game and I was so good at it, my sisters wouldn't play it with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orrin Venn
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Don't know if you heard, but recently, some card houses were busted in South Carolina. They were playing Texas Hold 'Em. When they went to trial, the defense lawyer convinced the judge that TH'E was NOT a game of chance (which would have put it in violation of the law), but was actually a game of skill. The judge agreed and threw out all the indictments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the judge may like to play poker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.