Luke DeWitt
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I am trying to teach this game and the interactions of the pieces as explained in the rules are a little muddy because they are in two different places in the rule book and the errata that clarifies it is unofficial and spread out into some of the discussion threads on this site (thanks Paul for working all the threads).

I have been throwing these ideas off of a friend of mine (thanks for taking the time to work on this with me Garrett). I think we have a nice target to throw out here to see if everything is kosher please post if there need to be changes.

---
GridIron Master American Football

Universal Rules of Engagement:

1) When rushing/blocking a piece may NEVER be moving backwards

2) Tackling may be done from any direction as long as the tackler and ball carrier are on the same side of the LOS. Line Play is the only exception {rule 5}

3) Pieces in a backfield (beyond OLOS or DLOS) may never rush/block an opposing piece on the opposite side of the LOS

4) Pieces on the Offensive side of the LOS may ALWAYS rush/block any opposing piece on the Offensive side of the LOS {observing rule 1}

Rules of Line Play (Piece Engagement on OLOS and DLOS)

5) Pieces on the DLOS and OLOS are always allowed to rush/block and tackle opposing pieces on the DLOS and OLOS assuming the rush/block move is forward or lateral, the tackle can come from any direction.

Rules of Defensive Backfield Play:

Case 1: (Ball on Offensive side of the LOS)

6) Pieces in the Defensive Backfield (beyond DLOS) may NEVER rush/block opposing pieces on the Defensive side of the LOS.

Case 2: (Ball on Defensive side of the LOS)

7) Pieces on the Defensive side of the LOS may rush/block any opposing piece on the Defensive side of the LOS {observing Universal Rule: 1} 7.1) When 'Ball is in the Air' and the intended receiver is on the defensive side of the LOS, the ball it is considered to be on the defensive side of the LOS. Therefore a defending piece can rush/block any opposing piece following all above rules EXCEPT the intended receiver (pass interference)
---

Luke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.