Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Precis Intermedia has released Disposable Heroes®: Build Your Own Customizable Set. By purchasing this item, you can upload your own images to the Disposable Heroes online customizable system for automatic sizing and formatting as full-color and grayscale paper miniatures that can be downloaded individually, in groups, or as massive armies.

Disposable Heroes are full color, downloadable paper miniatures that can be customized through an online interface. You can specify which figures are downloaded to a PDF file, as well as whether or not they are labeled and/or numbered. In addition, entire pages of duplicate figures can be downloaded, making the creation of armies a breeze. Each set is available as A-Frame Stand-ups, Tri-Fold Stand-ups, and Flat Counters. Single-download Statix sets are also available at a reduced price.

The next generation of downloadable paper minis are here -- affordable, customizable, and now with your own artwork. You can't go wrong with Disposable Heroes. Also look for our low-cost, plastic stand-up bases for better tabletop stability and to cut down on assembly times.

Incorporating one of the first e-publishing RPG companies, Precis Intermedia is known for its diverse line-up of clear and concise games. Precis Intermedia's current game lines include Two-Fisted Tales for thrilling pulp action; New World Disorder, Warcosm, and A Fistfull of Miniatures for miniatures gaming; HardNova 2, Coyote Trail, EarthAD 2, Mean Streets, and Ghostories for low-cost, ready-to-play entertainment; Active Exploits Diceless for universal diceless roleplaying with that familiar 'dice' feel; Story Engine for scene and adjective-based, collaborative roleplaying; and more. Visit the Precis Intermedia web site for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Coeur D'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this an upload service? Why not just have it as a program?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Does anyone have any idea how large the individual figures are when you print them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
watcher_b wrote:
Why is this an upload service? Why not just have it as a program?

This is an extension of our existing customizable paper miniatures system. You basically choose how to download the figures -- a-frame, tri-fold, flat counters -- single miniature, a page filled with each figure, labelled, sequentially numbered, and more. You can also mix and match figures from all your available sets.

Now that is the customizable version. If you don't need all those features, you can simply get a Statix version, which is a single zipped download that contains the whole set as all three formats as well as a filled sheet of each figure for each format.

So what the build your own set does is combine with the online customizable version by adding your own artwork to the mix. This is basically a delivery system for our ready-made sets that can also format your own images, so you can download PDFs with the figures you need rather than storing all the files on your computer.

You can get a better idea of the process at this link:
http://www.pigames.net/store/minisdemo.php

theaney wrote:
Interesting. Does anyone have any idea how large the individual figures are when you print them out?

The a-frame and tri-fold figures are scaled for 25-28mm. The frame in which the figure lies is just over 1" tall. The bottom tabs are a perfect fit for our plastic bases for added stability. The flat counters are 1" rectangles. While the custom upload currently only supports these sizes, it may be modified to fit larger ones in future. A ready-made fantasy monsters set is slated for release shortly which introduces double and larger sizes.

Thanks for the interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett,
This might just be the thing for me to pick up some sets for my school kids. It would go great with my book, The Games of War. I didn't notice Napoleonics. Any chance for that era?
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargamer204 wrote:
Brett,
This might just be the thing for me to pick up some sets for my school kids. It would go great with my book, The Games of War. I didn't notice Napoleonics. Any chance for that era?
John

Funny you should mention it. I'm making a list for a Napoleonics set this week, but it probably won't be ready for a while. I'm releasing a Civil War set sometime in July and there's already American Revolution and WWII sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Civil War? COOL!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I stayed up later than I intended but it's well worth it. I'm going to give a set to my friend's son for "playtesting." I think this will be a great set to keep in the classroom. I'm eagerly awaiting the bases. Too bad those don't download from the internet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett, what about sailing ships? OOH, what about airplanes? (Saliva falling onto the keyboard!) zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargamer204 wrote:
Brett, what about sailing ships? OOH, what about airplanes? (Saliva falling onto the keyboard!) zombie

Nothing is planned for them right now. I was working on starships, but I never finalized the paper format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Re: Build Your Own Paper Miniatures Quickly and Easily
Wargamer204 wrote:
Brett, what about sailing ships? OOH, what about airplanes? (Saliva falling onto the keyboard!)

Nothing is planned for them right now. I was working on starships, but I never finalized the paper format.

Oh please, please, pretty please with barnacles on it! If anyone else thinks Brett should do ships of the line, add to this post. Here's a chance to vote and maybe introduce more cool gaming stuff!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Wargamer204 wrote:
There are these, Clash of the War Galleys if you can find that, while a NEW & "updated" edition ought to be created. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you send me a list of what you'd like to see, I'll try to get them made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been looking for bugs and insects for a while. I have this idea for a game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I have been looking for bugs and insects for a while. I have this idea for a game...

Giant bugs? I'll put it in the queue, but I can't guarantee a date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on Brett, you know you wanna do the ships of the line!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Bernstein
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargamer204 wrote:
Come on Brett, you know you wanna do the ships of the line!!!

Yeah, that's what I meant -- a list of ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brettmb wrote:
martimer wrote:

Giant bugs? I'll put it in the queue, but I can't guarantee a date.

Just let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.