Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the book thread is already going why not? And Im catching up from the honeymoon!

This month:
Bioshock: Finally got this for the 360, great game, great fun, better than the PC version in my opinion in the use of the controller.

Medal of Honor Airborne: Still working my way through this one, wont be playing it online I dont believe, not bad.

Timeshift: Same as above.

Red Faction: Guerrilla: See microbadge LOL, great game, having the option to tear down EVERYTHING man made is great, once torn down it stays that way as well it does not come back after a load or mission.

Prototype: Another great game, open world, can do pretty much anything, use your body as a weapon, great story line, great controls, overall great game.

Dead Space: Again see microbadge and ava/uber badge, FANTASTIC game, creepy as hell, story is great, and the ending...wow the ending, just go out and play it! Yes, that means I finished it, I also picked up a Dead Space shirt during the honeymoon, the airbrush guy did perfect!!

Call of Duty 4: Played some of this online to unwind before the wedding and after finishing Dead Space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too Human- Fun game ultimately buried under the expectations of years of waiting and the developers previous games, Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Ghostbusters- Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria. I was exoecting all of that when I found it was a GREAT movie based game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
God of War: I have never played these games, so I decided to dive into them since I've heard nothing but great things. The first game is done and I must say that it was pretty fun. Not the best game out there IMO, but a decent story, fun gameplay and some clever puzzles in there. It's a little sad though, that the first boss battle was, IMO, the best one in the entire game.

Pokemon Diamond: I had a busniess trip this past week and so I took my DS with me. I haven't played this game in a long time so I erased my save game and started fresh. I chose Piplup for water attacks and cuteness factor.

Elite Beat Agents: Still playing this now and then and loving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock Band 2 - still rocking strong, especially with the addition of Evenescence, Maroon 5, more Disturbed, and the Pepsi Rockband cap contest for free song downloads....

Fable II - just starting this, but looks great.

LotR Conquest - still getting forced to play with my son (who is now unstoppable in hero deathmatch)

Lego Batman - mostly my son is playing this but it's noteable for being the first game he's felt comfortable tackling without my assistance.

Age of Booty - great pirate strategy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unusual for me - nearly all console games.

Crackdown
(Love this game and I finally beat it.) - X360
Too Human - X360 (Close to beating it with the Defender class)
Winning Eleven Pro Soccer 2007 (The recent Confed Cup action got me motivated for some video soccer action, since I'm still injured IRL and can't play at the moment)
Plants vs Zombies (PopCap - PC) - Strangely addictive and very funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Unusual for me - nearly all console games.

Crackdown
(Love this game and I finally beat it.) - X360

If you love Crackdown, you'll die when you play Prototype, it beats Crackdown on ALL aspects . (And I liked Crackdown )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a lot of games this month, but a lot of them went unfinished.

I played through Saints Row 2 for 360 and enjoyed it quite a bit. The game was a bit too easy for the most part; I could stay alive indefinitely at the highest wanted rating with little effort. Overall very fun though.

I played through Wario Land: Shake It for Wii. The game has a cute style and I appreciate a decent 2D platformer on consoles. The levels are ridiculously easy to clear, but most of the "missions" are ridiculously difficult. I felt like there was no game in between that I could feel satisfied with.

I started playing Yoshi's Island DS again, after beating it some years back. I am a huge fan of the original Yoshi's Island, but I am disappointed in how platformers just aren't as fun on handhelds as on consoles. The game felt cheap at times. Sometimes I wouldn't see something residing between the two screens that screwed me up, or sometimes a mistimed flutter jump would get me killed. I never wound up finishing it because some level pissed me off too much, and I decided other games were more deserving of my time.

I played Age of Mythology for PC and got to the point where you start working with the Egyptians. It was entertaining for a while, but I was quickly reminded of why I don't like RTSes very much. My strategy usually consisted of getting lots of villagers, then building defenses, then building a huge army and steamrolling through everything.

I popped my copy of Pokemon LeafGreen into my DS on a whim and started playing. I played for a good hour and saved, but the next time I went to continue, my save was not there. I them remembered that some time ago I found out that my cart was a pirated copy from ebay, notorious for having the internal battery die out after some number of months, leaving the cartridge useless (I found this out some time after buying the game on ebay). I bought a legit copy and hopefully it is on its way. I remember some issues I have with that game, including the ridiculous grinding you need to do (any pokemon you just captured is the same level as other pokemon in the area and thus can only survive one or two battles before it needs healing, which involves walking back to the nearest town).

I started playing Black Sigil: Blade of the Exalted for DS, but the gameplay didn't really hold me. The encounter rate is way too high, and the battles became a standard "hit whatever is closest to me" affair. With no character customization to speak of, I felt like there wasn't much for me to stick around for.

For some reason I felt like playing Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals for SNES again. It is among the best "classic" RPGs I can think of. I really like the graphics, sound, puzzle-solving, and overall presentation. I started the game as normal, and wound up getting killed in a regular encounter. I also found that I couldn't afford nearly as much stuff as I wanted, so used a game genie code to unlock the "retry" mode that lets you play through with 4 times the experience and gold gained from encounters, and quickly got back to the point in the story where I had left off. Unfortunately, now the game is WAY too easy, and I don't really want to play through if every encounter will become "hit A until everything is dead". However, I don't really want to play through the first hour and a half a third time, so I'll probably just give up on the game until the next time I feel the need to play it.

The real winner this month was Rock Band 2. I have been enjoying playing the drums quite a bit. Being an amateur drummer to begin with, I can do most of the songs on Expert and amaze my rhythm-less friends. I had a party the other night and we wound up playing RB2 most of the night. There are a few features that made me say "how could they overlook that?" (quick drop-in/drop-out for instruments for when no one wants to sing, and displaying the relative difficulty of the song when choosing your difficulty), but my sore back can attest to the hours of entertainment I've gotten out of it so far.

With all the games I've played this month, and all the games I've left unfinished, I am feeling a bit burned out on video games. I might have to give it a bit of a rest and pick up another hobby until the spark comes back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:

Elite Beat Agents: Still playing this now and then and loving it.

That game is so awesome.

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: DS. I keep borrowing my son's DS just to play it. It's even easier while he's away at Scout camp this week leaving his DS behind for me.

Mario Pinball World: GBA. I have this thing for pinball games on Gameboys. I tend to like them. This is my latest craving.

Donkey Konga: GC. Laughing till my hands hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Montiel
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Tales of Vesperia - Spent all month playing this one on the XBox 360. After 80 hours and 1 1/3 playthroughs, I'm giving it a rest.

Heroes of Might and Magic III - For nostalgia's sake mostly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
Blood Bowl!

Thoughts? Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube on the Wii) - this game is great fun, having never played it the first time around (shakes fist at law school and working for a big firm). FLUDD and I are fast becoming pals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock Band 2 - nothing new here

The Sims 3 - this was a must have! It's a game that I can play one-handed, leaving the other arm free to hold/cradle/occupy our two month old.

Punch Out Wii - FANTASTIC game - totally old school vibe where the key skills are timing and pattern memorization. The animations are slick and the whole game experience is just wonderful.

Mad World - still a good game to play in half-hour bursts, which is about all I can afford nowadays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
PS2 - Final Fantasy 12 - Absolutely awesome. Beautiful game, excellent story, and pretty open gameplay for FF standards.

I play some iPhone games sporadically, but they hardly deserve mention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't touched the real time version. The classic version is the board game on the PC. Each individual game of Blood Bowl is good, but managing team for dozens of matches is where the game shines. I have already played over 50 matches, which is more than I ever got to play in the ten years I have owned the original. If you know how to play the board game, you can sit down and start playing without even looking at a manual. The interface is intuitive and game flow is good. This product elevates a good game to a great one and I recommend it to anyone that would like a speedier way to play BB.

tatoolo wrote:
BeatPosse wrote:
Blood Bowl!

Thoughts? Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I still play Call of Duty 4 online
And I'm now studying Armed Assault (can't really call that playing, can you )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
I play all my games through the Steam client now. If you don't know about it check it out. They frequently have great weekend deals.

Left 4 Dead - Fun coop zombie shooter. I play VS with some really competitive friends who are very good.

Team Fortress 2 - Multiplayer shooter with fun characters to choose from. I play strictly orange maps and on crit servers for maximum chaos.

Oblivion (Elderly Scrolls) - Just like Fallout 3 but way better (besides the graphics) in my opinion.

Far Cry - I love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Descent for an hour or two last month.

That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put my console (XB360) gaming down when my "Live" subscription expired. Bought the expansions to "WOW" so that's what Iv'e been playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - Wii - I've been wanting a Tiger Woods game for the Wii for awhile now, but waited until the Motion Plus accessory was available. It's awesome. Hard, but awesome. If I break 90 in a round, I'm happy, but after all the cursing and stupid celebration dances by other golfers, it's still fun. Plus, the disc golf mode is an awesome addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sims 3
World of Warcraft
Fallout 3
Guitar Hero: World Tour
and a tiny bit of Left 4 Dead, Warhammer Online and Age of Conan.

I am seriously into Sims 3 right now but have no time because of new puppies and houseguests *sigh*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
I haven't played anything on my 360 in months. It's just a Netflix delivery device, lately. When I get my TV moved out of my Chicago apartment, I look forward to playing Rock Band 2 again, though.

A week and a half ago, I picked up Knights in the Nightmare for the DS, and I've been loving it. It's complicated and sprawling and deeper than any DS game I've seen, yet the action comes in nicely bite-sized chunks. It's my favorite game for the DS since the sublime The World Ends With You.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
Conan (XBOX360) Maybe a little repetitive, but by Crom it's a lot of fun! So many ways to kill people...

Punch Out (Wii) What Octavian said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
I bought a legit copy and hopefully it is on its way. I remember some issues I have with that game, including the ridiculous grinding you need to do (any pokemon you just captured is the same level as other pokemon in the area and thus can only survive one or two battles before it needs healing, which involves walking back to the nearest town).

If you're going to get a new copy, then you should really go for Diamond or Pearl instead. It has a lot of new features that Leaf Green and Fire Red don't (including an updated roster containing almost 500 pokemon).

Quote:

For some reason I felt like playing Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals for SNES again. It is among the best "classic" RPGs I can think of.

This is so true. I love that game! Man, I'm going to need to head back to my emulator now... :P

Oh, and to all of you that are playing Punchout: I'm seriously jealous! I want to play it, but am not willing to shell out $50 for it. I played the crap out of the old ones though. Heck, I still sit down to a full play-through of Super Punchout now and again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
I play all my games through the Steam client now. If you don't know about it check it out. They frequently have great weekend deals.

This is true - I, and everyone at the office, play a hella large amount of games on Steam. It's just awesome - beats a trip to Best Buy/Gamestop ANY day. Oh, yeah, I forgot - there is even a microbadge for it (I'm wearing at the moment! )

tickmanfan wrote:
Left 4 Dead - Fun coop zombie shooter. I play VS with some really competitive friends who are very good.

A couple of us have this on Steam, but it doesn't get a lot of play. Honestly, we spend more time in 'Zombie Panic', which is both free and has the lumbering/lurching zombies you kill one or two of before dying vs the runny/jumpy kind in L4D (that you kill something like 2,000 of before dying). Amusing video that explains the gameplay of it, here:

tickmanfan wrote:
Team Fortress 2 - Multiplayer shooter with fun characters to choose from. I play strictly orange maps and on crit servers for maximum chaos.

Aside from ZP, above, this is the game that gets the most play time in our group. The heavy team elements of it are just...remarkable.

tickmanfan wrote:
Oblivion (Elderly Scrolls) - Just like Fallout 3 but way better (besides the graphics) in my opinion.

IMHO, if you can see the 'Oblivion' is the better game than FO3 (excepting the graphics), you MUST check out 'Morrowind' - also on Steam. Far, FAR better than 'Oblivion' (not least of which for having a more interesting setting than 'bog-standard Arthurian medieval fantasy')

ANYWAY, aside from the above, what I've been playing:

America's Army 3. Sort of. HELLA buggy launch prevents much play time. But I've done tried real hard!

Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30. Yes, the first one. I just never played it the first time when it came out, and in re-playing it now, incredibly amazed with how compelling it is.

Silent Hunter 4. Oh, man, I love subsims. And the graphics, gameplay, and simulation level on this are STUNNING.

Darkest Hour. A WW2 shooter heavily biased toward simulation vs arcade. It's...well, it's difficult. This is not your 'Call of Duty' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.