Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news! Question is - can I wait until Christmas? Heck, I might even have to but it myself. I got Civilisation for my DS last year just to scratch the 'ole board game itch.
laugh

Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to see what the other 'worlds' - Asian, Arabic and Nordic will be. Will they just be a simple repainting of the tiles or will there be thematic changes as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim RTC wrote:
Interesting to see what the other 'worlds' - Asian, Arabic and Nordic will be. Will they just be a simple repainting of the tiles or will there be thematic changes as well?

I am really hoping for thematic variations, but I will be happy either way. I hope the online play is great and I can find an opponent anytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kindt
United States
Kirkwood
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find opponents on Xbox Live right now. CARCASSONNE with River I and II and King and Baron has been out for quite some time. Almost 400,000 people have bought it! I really enjoy it. laugh Even the AI Expert mode gives a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some screenshots of the game have been released: http://www.n4g.com/nintendods/News-384592.aspx

Like Catan DS, the game doesn't seem to utilize the top screen very well. Shouldn't it have a world map instead of just showing the score? Wouldn't that be more helpful and prevent the inevitable constant panning of the bottom screen to get a lay of the land?

Still, it could be interesting. In the least, it's nice to have more board games ported over to DS and Xbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not too bad. You're introduced to roads and cities first with abbeys coming in a couple levels later. The AI is a little insane. What's nice is that the game supports multi-card and single-card multiplayer. What stinks is that, like Catan, this isn't likely to leave the EU.

It's only base game and River 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.