Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: Time to play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Armada
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is 240 min a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Armada01 wrote:
Is 240 min a misprint?

No, but it's not completely accurate either. There are several scenarios included. Some are short and can be played in a couple hours or less. There are monster scenarios that would take most of a day (I've heard ten hours!) Something for everyone. Go preorder! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Armada01 wrote:
Is 240 min a misprint?

No. Four hours for the single-map scenarios is about right. A couple of scenarios can be finished in 2-3 hours. The two monsters will take considerably longer -- plan on a long weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im spoiled by CC, there's no RSG is there? I'm worried I'll get tired of the game after playing the scenarios a few times. How many scenarios are you plannng?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Armada01 wrote:
Is 240 min a misprint?

No. Four hours for the single-map scenarios is about right. A couple of scenarios can be finished in 2-3 hours. The two monsters will take considerably longer -- plan on a long weekend.

Oh, well, a little longer than I thought even for the smaller ones. Still, not too long for our game group on either end of the spectrum. So get those preorders in, boys! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
Im spoiled by CC, there's no RSG is there? I'm worried I'll get tired of the game after playing the scenarios a few times. How many scenarios are you plannng?

No RSG. This isn't "CC with tanks."

A couple reasons why:

1. A random scenario generator for FF would require I include every possible unit for both the highlighted unit as well as its adversaries. This would increase the number of countersheets to enormous proportions -- dragging the retail price along with it.

2. All the maps in FF are historical. No geomorphic maps, nor are the maps all the same size, same orientation, same number of objective hexes, etc. This would make the maps a nightmare to incorporate into an RSG system.

Oh, and there are ten scenarios of varying sizes. We haven't tired of them yet. And, of course, there's always the possibility of inexpensive add-on modules that could add more scenarios (and perhaps maps/counters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
And, of course, there's always the possibility of inexpensive add-on modules that could add more scenarios (and perhaps maps/counters).

C3i magazine would help in this direction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emil 109 wrote:
Chad Jensen wrote:
And, of course, there's always the possibility of inexpensive add-on modules that could add more scenarios (and perhaps maps/counters).

C3i magazine would help in this direction?

Absolutely. New scenarios that didn't need new counters or a new map (I know C3i did a Combat Commander map insert, but FF maps are twice the size of CC maps) would fit nicely into C3i.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.