Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Memoir 44 Rules p. 14 wrote:

Movement: To move onto a Hedgerow hex, a unit must be adjacent to the Hedgerow. A unit that enters a Hedgerow must stop and may move no further on that turn. A unit that leaves a Hedgerow hex may only move onto an adjacent hex.

Battle: A unit may not battle the turn it moves onto a Hedgerow hex.

A unit may not battle the turn it enters a hedgerow, but there's nothing that says it can't battle when it exits. (Assuming, of course, that it's a type of unit that can battle when it moves 1 hex. Artillery wouldn't be able to battle when it exits a hedgerow because it can't battle when it moves. Almost all other units can.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gulpereel wrote:
Stop means a unit can't battle and must immediately end it's movement

Stop just means you have to stop movement. I believe most terrain cards and references explicitly say whether you can battle the turn you move in them (or out, if ever).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/cards_compen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Hass
United States
Palm Desert
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Forest Reference card reads:
Effects
- Block line of sight
- Unit moving in must stop
- Unit moving in cannot battle (except French Resistance)

I don't think you can say that "stop means cannot battle", since both actions have been addressed separately on the card when a unit moves "in".

As for the Hedgerows card it reads:
Effects
- Block line of sight
- Unit moving in must stop
- Unit moving in cannot battle (except for French Resistance)
- To enter, unit must start from adjacent hex
- When exiting, unit must stop on adjacent hex

Both actions when "moving in" have been addressed separately.
However only one action (movement) when exiting the hex has been addressed. I think it is safe to say that since the other action (firing) has not been addressed it is safe to say that a unit can fire (taking into account any restriction of a unit's ability to fire after moving one hex)

I looked through Appendix 2 Terrain and I wasn't able to find anything that stated that Stop means stop movement and a unit cannot fire.

I hope this helps
All the best
T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
"Stop" means end movement. Nothing More.

"Can't Battle" means can't battle. If the terrain does not say "Can't battle" then you can battle.

Where your confusion comes in is that in most cases "Stop" and "Can't Battle" go hand in hand. But they are independent of each other. BEst example of "Stop" but not battle restrictions is when Armor moves on to the Terrain Pack Railroads.

Hedgerows have some additional movement restrictions that are not present in other terrain. You must starts adjacent in order to enter it. And you must stop adjacent when exiting. But the ONLY battle restriction is you can't battle when entering. You may battle when exiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrub's link nails it -- he links to the Terrain Card for hedgerows from the Air Pack, which says that you have to stop on exit, but can still take ground. This definitely means you can battle when you move out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gulpereel wrote:
The rulebook would say if you couldn't battle, but wouldn't say if you could battle.

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.