James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are things still on track for pre-releases?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasta wrote:
Are things still on track for pre-releases?


From what I can tell, mid-July seems unlikely. Late July still seems like a possibility though, I believe. The rulebook and firefights still need to be completely finalized, but these are the quickest parts to get printed. Everything else has gone to the printers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S G
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The rulebook and firefights still need to be completely finalized, but these are the quickest parts to get printed. Everything else has gone to the printers.


Well, that depends on the meaning of "finalized"....the printed rulebook that shipped with CoH may have been finalized but it wasn't the final version.

As I've said before, I don't want a printed manual. I'd gladly take the game sooner, cheaper, or both. Maybe future releases could have a special pre-order option that would have people like me getting the game just as soon as the game-playing bits are printed. Electronic drafts of the rulebook, even if not yet finalized would be all I'd need. But I suppose it'd probably be a logistical headache and so not worth it for the publisher.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aerial7 wrote:
Quote:
The rulebook and firefights still need to be completely finalized, but these are the quickest parts to get printed. Everything else has gone to the printers.


Well, that depends on the meaning of "finalized"....the printed rulebook that shipped with CoH may have been finalized but it wasn't the final version.

As I've said before, I don't want a printed manual. I'd gladly take the game sooner, cheaper, or both. Maybe future releases could have a special pre-order option that would have people like me getting the game just as soon as the game-playing bits are printed. Electronic drafts of the rulebook, even if not yet finalized would be all I'd need. But I suppose it'd probably be a logistical headache and so not worth it for the publisher.


I don't think you have to worry about the manual slowing things down... it is practically finished. I spent much of this week proof-reading it and Uwe is making the finishing touches. It looks to me like it should be done by time the rest of the components show up at Uwe's door.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From Uwe himself from Consim World:

Quote:
Conflict of Heroes - Storms of Steel available soon!
Update

I am still shooting for the end of the 3rd week of July to begin shipping orders. The Germans have told me that the counters and map boards will ship from germany on the last week of June. So I expect them 3 weeks laters. Then everything gets packed and shipped, which should take only a few days.

You can pre-order Storms of Steel from one of many game stores and online sites that support and carry CoH. We also offer the limited edition game at full price on our website. This limited edition includes the 96 page Osprey Campaign Book - Kursk 1943, which will be signed by the game designer. There are not many copies and they will be sold on a first come basis.

Sincerely, Uwe


I hope this is the case but would understand if there were unexpected delays. I have preordered this game and will post when I receive my copy. Can't wait....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was checking my preorder at Phalanx Games (Germany) today, and it says:

This product will be in stock on Thursday 30 July, 2009.

One week to go!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
I was checking my preorder at Phalanx Games (Germany) today, and it says:

This product will be in stock on Thursday 30 July, 2009.

One week to go!


At this point the release will be sometime in August. Uwe is expecting to get the map boards on July 31st. By that time, all the other materials should be ready, so it should only be a matter of a few days before the game starts shipping out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
At this point the release will be sometime in August. Uwe is expecting to get the map boards on July 31st. By that time, all the other materials should be ready, so it should only be a matter of a few days before the game starts shipping out.


Well, it's not like I don't have anything else to play at the moment.
I expect it to be worth the wait.

While I'm at it raising unfulfillable expectations:
On this page http://www.phalanxgames.de/timeline.php
they say: CoH Kreta - November 15 2009
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:

While I'm at it raising unfulfillable expectations:
On this page http://www.phalanxgames.de/timeline.php
they say: CoH Kreta - November 15 2009


Well, I'm not sure where they got that date. Crete is expected sometime early 2010. Conflict of Heroes: First Men In – Normandy 1944 is expected before the end of this year, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
ashman wrote:

While I'm at it raising unfulfillable expectations:
On this page http://www.phalanxgames.de/timeline.php
they say: CoH Kreta - November 15 2009


Well, I'm not sure where they got that date. Crete is expected sometime early 2010. Conflict of Heroes: First Men In – Normandy 1944 is expected before the end of this year, though.


I'll just preorder everything and rejoice when the postman delivers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
I'll just preorder everything and rejoice when the postman delivers.


As do I!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.