Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you add or move parts while in the process of activating your machine, which parts function and which don't? If you move a part that has already been used to the right, does it activate again? If you move a part that hasn't been used to the left, does it not activate at all? What about newly added parts on either side of the current part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the process was to build into your contraption and then activate. How are you modifying it while activating? Is there some card that allows this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Maloney
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Each part of your machine activates individually, in order, from top to bottom and left to right. So if you add a part to the left of your current position in the machine during activation then the part will not activate that turn. If you add the part to the right of your current position, then it will activate when you reach it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Maloney
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dreadnaut wrote:
I thought the process was to build into your contraption and then activate. How are you modifying it while activating? Is there some card that allows this?

Yes, there are some cards that allow you to add parts, or move parts around, during activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew that there were some that allowed you to add to your machine (by taking from an opponent, etc.), but I didn't know about letting you reorganize your machine on-the-fly. I guess a part that was activated, moved to the right, would then reactivate? Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Tanchel
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The rules are not explicit, but we played it as cited above:

if you added a part downstream (to the right) it would activate later in the turn. If you added a part upstream( to the left) it was bypassed and did not activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not a good idea to follow the rules blindly. One option is to "cannibalize" your opponents parts, add them downstream but FACEDOWN. They only activate next turn, not on the turn you get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.