Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Keith
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There are new monster previews up on the Cryptmaster site!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely getting this nasty looking expansion. I'm also hoping that you guys come out with some cheap card-only deck expansions that can be purchased Runebound-style!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsup

This game is definitely going to be much improved with Cryptmaster... And I still like the original, warts and all!

Tougher monsters is a HUGE improvement... The monsters in the base game were just a little TOO easy to get past. I'm glad that AEG is ratcheting up the toughness.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this!

And I second the call for small, card-only expansions... With two base sets now, they would be a great addition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
CovertDad wrote:
And I second the call for small, card-only expansions... With two base sets now, they would be a great addition!

Ooo, more cards. I absolutely love the fact that the base game has a massive volume of Crypt cards. In fact, I tend to have an unnecessary liking for lots, and lots of cards in a game. So thumbs up from me on this.

I commented over in the main Tomb General Forum that I especially liked how the card previews each include a short commentary text piece that adds a little background. I have to admit to a great deal of interest in this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I was hoping to one day see a card-expansion. But to get a stand alone expansion is just awesome!
I have been playing this game quite a lot, lately. I have enjoyed every session. The only thing I have not been satisfied with is the amount of Inn Cards. Getting double of those now, should solve the problem however.
The amount of monsters and treasures is going to be insane. There is definitely going to be no two games alike ever!

Are all cards in the expansion new cards, or are we going to see dublicates of some of the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Keith
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
All are new, though some are similar. Because we wanted this to be able to stand alone, there are some functions (i.e. healing) that had to be present, though never quite in the same manner as first set cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came across this while looking at upcoming releases on FunAgain website - looks awesome! Rules appear much improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.