Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got the RGG version, and all the play boards are warped.

What is the best way to flatten/un-warp them?

Would it be cheeky to ask for a replacement set from RGG, its not unplayable, it just irks me that for the price we in the UK have to pay for this game, that the componants would be in good condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Romano
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were a little curved so what I did was gently bend them the opposite way a little bit and then set them on a table with a bunch of big heavy books laying on top for about a week. They're mostly straight now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get it from your FLGS or was it an order from an internet company? Any chance of explaining it to whom you purchased it from and getting it swapped out for a version that isn't warped?

As far as being cheeky, I don't think so. It's your game and you just want proper components that won't annoy you. I'd say ask them, worst they can say is no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Murphy
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy came with all the boards quite warped as well. It seems to involve the fact that the ends are supported by the cardboard insert, but the middle is left to sag.

Luckily, with some gentle bending in the opposite direction, I was able to get them completely flat and they've remained that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I turned my warped boards upside down in the box. Problem solved. Or, take out the insert, and place the boards in the bottom.

edit - You're going to run into the same problem no matter how many times you request new boards from RGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just picked up this game and had the same issue. As mentioned previously, it has to do with how the boards are stored in the box so until they change how it is packaged, you are going to run into this issue. After just one night of flattening, they are pretty flat so it is not a big issue for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.