Edward B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to buy a game that works well multiplayer, but solo as well. Being fairly new to gaming, I'm not really sure what to get, and it shouldn't be too complicated (Agricola, I'm looking at you). It would be ideal if 2 player was available as well as 3-4 player, but is not necessary. Even better would be if it were co-op as well.

I've been looking at Red November and Shadows Over Camelot, and though they both say 3+ players, I've heard of Red November playing 2 player fine, and Shadows working fine solo. Perhaps RftG? I really have no idea what to get: please help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost Stories is a great coop, if you like the theme and its puzzle-like feel. It plays from 1 to 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danger Mike
United States
Fenton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen folks say Pandemic can be played solo by playing each role yourself, although I've not tried it. You might want to amp up the difficulty to make up for the perfect information of all the cards in the various role's hands. It also plays up to four (or five if you want).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at this geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmb
Space Alert may be worth a look. Works well as a solo game as well as a fun multi-player game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Alert looks fun, and I wouldn't mind getting it, but I'm not sure if it's right for my group (family). I tend to play games like Catan with most of my family, but also play in-depth strategy games with others, so it's kinda mixed. I think Space Alert fits into the second category, but I'm still not sure whether it's right. I heard someone say on BGG that it was good for a bunch of mates but might stress family's out. Especially as seeing my father can get pretty stressed over games (he's better than he used to be, but the first time we played Cities and Knights, he had eleven cards and I played the robber on him. He was really annoyed!)
I haven't really looked into Pandemic, but I'm not sure if it'll be right for a nice Sunday afternoon game (if you take my meaning). I might just get a game that isn't co-op but plays well solo.
Any thoughts on Shadows over Camelot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.