Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's annoying when I can't find things that I am looking for.. I spent as much time looking for the camera to take photos than it took to play the game, lol.
Anyway, I've never actually written a Session report, but here it goes.

Game type: Normal
Map size: 4 system cards (including home systems)
Time taken: Aprox. 45 minutes
Amount of turns: About 15.

I started by randomly appointing advantages to both sides via die toss. Blue (Team A) got the Fleet advantage, while Red (team B) got the Ore advantage.

Both teams started the same, and both discovered fairly similar adjacent systems as far as resource values. However, the system Team A discovered was much more easy to defend imo.

About 4 turns in, both teams had command of two systems (including their home systems), and team B had a major starting advantage over team A, as their system gave them more Ore, while having the Ore advantage. Team A also had a system that gave to their advantage of Fleet, but Fleet gives a more long term advantage. Needless to say, Team B had a nice amount of ships in play before team A did.

About 6 turns in, Team B was already in bad shape due to a major battle between team A's large number of small cheap ships vs. team B's smaller number of large ships. The dice were in Team A's favor and team B started the short decent in loosing their newly discovered system.

8-10 turns in, Team B finally lost the system, and team A by this time was beginning to utilize their advantage by buying Fleet heavy ships coupled with small ships to attack Team B's home system. This lead to small spit fights between the two teams as team B tried to reclaim their old system, which helped keep Team A from snatching it up.

A few short turns later, Team B lost any presence in their old second system, while hardly being able to hold up against team A's now relentless attack on their Home System. By then it was very obvious who the victor would be. Team B held on for a turn or two later, but eventually lost their Mobile Command and team A won.

Looking back I can see that in a small game like that, you pretty much loose if you loose your second controlled system. I think I made team B become to ambitious over it's early production advantage and spread it's self to quickly. While I was able to counter that move with Team A waiting and saving.
In the end though, it was fun. Plain and simple. Next time I WILL find my camera and post images with the report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.