Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi gang,

while translating I stumbled upon something which I would like to ask about (and perhaps more when I translate further):

Quote:
"To end a turn, the player draws a tile from the bag and “pushes” it onto the board from
any edge*,...

*Note: New tiles cannot be pushed off for a full round."

- does the asterisk comment mean that no new tiles can be pushed from that last side of the board in the next turn? or is it something different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and an example of the Black Hole mechanic would be nice too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(I have no idea how this game works, but I'll comment anyway. How big a smartass do I think I am?)

I assume that when you push a tile in on the one side, you push another one off on the other side. You are not allowed to push a tile in in such a position that you would push a tile off that was placed less than a turn ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It simply means that a new tiles, can not be push off the board by placing a tile on the exect opposite side and pushing it for a full turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
It simply means that a new tiles, can not be push off the board by placing a tile on the exect opposite side and pushing it for a full turn.

As quoted by the OP, the printed rules say "for a full round", not "turn". It was clear to me that your new tile could not be pushed off the board until your next turn, not only on the next player's turn. But you are the designer, thus I must ask which option is correct. Maybe it was a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent of the rule is to ensure that every player has at least one opportunity to get each tile. If there are four players (A,B,C and D) and A plays a tile down at the end of his/her turn then no one can push it off until B,C and D have all had their turns. A could then push it off on his/her turn if desired. Hope that makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Seth! That was what I thought, but as the designer implied otherwise, I decided to ask. However, I think the game should include markers to be used as visual reminders of those tiles. I will probably add them to my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good idea Gláucio, we may have to add that to the next printing. Obrigado pelo apoio!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was wondering how you'd remember whether a tile has been in play long enough to be pushed off (Players cannot be counted on to remember this type of thing!)

Also, when pushing a column of tiles which has a blank space in it (because a tile was picked up), does he blank space get filled, or does it push as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The blank space pushes as well, although you can do a variant where it does not if you want. The space pushing makes it more difficult to get what you want off the board as there are less options as tiles get pushed off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.