Ben
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.

Everyone here seems so helpful, so I'll throw a few ideas out.
Last night I played a sweet game of 4 person Agricola. It was my first real non-solo game, and it was a game with some friends that had moved away last October, so it was special.

Well, I decided to snap a few photos and write a session report because the quality of this site helped me to begin gaming with my wife after this friend of mine had moved away.

1. Anyway, I went through the exercise. I first attempted to plug a picture directly into my post. OK. A learning experience. I understand why we shouldn't be able to do that.

2. Next, I used flickr. Apparently, this did not work either. The admin was very nice and suggested I upload the image. "The files were corrupt." Well, I have no problem viewing them on any computer here, pc or mac - firefox, explorer, or safari. Does this problem resonate with anyone? Have you found any solutions?

3. Anyway, then I attempted to upload the images directly. Each photo was declined. I understand that the admins have to be picky, but I was instructed to do this. It wouldn't have been so bad if the response wasn't :
80% unclear
40% frivolous
100% above 100%

Could we lose the percentages that don't add up to 100%? It is a subtle slap in the face that simply adds to the frustration of the moment. soblue

4. Many of my photos were rejected for improper rotation. Perhaps my software is too advanced, but the images were fine on my desktop and flickr. Could anyone recommend a way to view an image "as is" so that I could attempt to rotate it. I am dying for:
100% rotated like epic level photographer

Anyway, there are no hard feelings. Do not misinterpret the purpose of this post. I just wanted to see if I could get any good advice or at least a smile from someone that has been down this road before. Maybe you could push me over the edge to try again sooner than later.

Thanks,

Ben

(Interesting, while typing this, 2 images that had been rejected were just approved. Can they read this in real time? Big Brother is watching. wow Thanks BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the future, you can upload photos to your personal gallery here on BGG.

Under "My Geek", select "Gallery". You upload anything you want without needing it approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
In the future, you can upload photos to your personal gallery here on BGG.

Under "My Geek", select "Gallery". You upload anything you want without needing it approved.

Direct link.

Agricola now has about 70 pages of images, so moderation is pretty strict. Your personal gallery is perfect for embedding images in posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
bmarquette wrote:
It wouldn't have been so bad if the response wasn't :
80% unclear
40% frivolous
100% above 100%

Could we lose the percentages that don't add up to 100%?

Reasons to decline are not exclusive, each person can indicate more than one. So if 10 persons see your photo and 2 think it is just frivolous, 6 that it is just unclear and 2 that is BOTH frivolous AND unclear... you end up with the above percentages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

This helps a lot.

What about the rotation problem? Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bmarquette wrote:
Thanks everyone.

This helps a lot.

Once you upload it to your gallery and insert it into your post, you'll see it how we see it. If it looks fine there, it'll be fine.

And PS, you said "the admin was very nice". Anyone can geekmod, it's not a function reserved for admins (Misc -> Geekmod)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bmarquette wrote:
Thanks everyone.

This helps a lot.

Ignore it. Photos going into your personal gallery are not reviewed, so you can upload anything that you're comfortable putting your name to.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. I figured it all out - err, you all helped me figure it out . I should be able to write a review including pictures in 1/10th the time from now on.

Here is the result of your advice:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3637832#3637832

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think geekmod is frustrating, try marriage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good! One last tip. Some of your images are pretty small at the size they're showing up in your post. Instead of just entering [ImageID=XXXXX], you can play around with the sizes by entering [ImageID=XXXXX medium], [ImageID=XXXXX large], or any of the other sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Looks good! One last tip. Some of your images are pretty small at the size they're showing up in your post. Instead of just entering [ImageID=XXXXX], you can play around with the sizes by entering [ImageID=XXXXX medium], [ImageID=XXXXX large], or any of the other sizes.

Awesome! I will try that in my next review.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.