Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3, 4 and 5 player maps each have a dark green region in the lower right corner. In the 4-5 player maps it has a standing stone obelisk in it; in the 3 player map it has stairs and birds flying overhead.

Is this supposed to be a hills space? Its darker than the other hills, but doesn't have trees like a forest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Zav
Ukraine
Kharkov
Kharkov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hills.
All green regions without trees are hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been assuming it is Hills. If it is Forest then you get 3 adjacent Forest regions on the 3 player map, which would be a bit good for any Forest races. Also there are 5 Plains and 5 Swamps on the 3 Player map and counting that area as Hills makes 5 Hills and 5 Forests rather than 4 Hills and 6 Forests...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a consensus for hills!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are definitely not crazy for suggesting that there is ambiguity on that space. We argued about it all weekend long this past weekend. Further evidence for hills: there is another region (on the four player map, I think, but it may be on the five) that also has an interesting little obelisk in it as well (west of, but near the center lake, IIRC) and that region is a little more clearly a hills region. I also vote for hills.

siberianhusky wrote:
It's hills.
All green regions without trees are hills.

I'm not entirely convinced there aren't three or four little trees in there, hence the ambiguity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.