Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjtuell wrote:
Anyway... everything looks great and I can't wait to try it out, although I'm slightly disappointed that the expansion only adds 4 new cards to each Arkham Encounter deck -- I was hoping for 7. Oh well.

Small-boxes as well as big boxes only add 4 per neighborhood(CotDP adds 5), except Dunwich Horror which adds 7.

Personally, I feel the Herald is a must to get the full flavour of the expansion. That is IF you use the permanent method. Temporary method'll have your sick to your stomach about the play even without the Herald I think .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gardner
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
Bah da da da da da da... da da da da da da da... DAH dah DAH!
badge
Gabriel Knight. Check it out at GOG.Com
mbmbmbmbmb
Our one experience with the temporary (all new cards on top) ended in about 5-6 turns. It's probably the most unbalanced mode ever committed to an AH instruction manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
The heroes we deserve!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two solo games (3 investigators) now with just the KiY expansion in Visiting Performance Style and found them quite fun. In general, most of my encounters were positive, passing minor skill checks to get big rewards. This seems to balance the increased difficulty of the Herald, and as long as you can manage the Terror track, you can come out okay. Also, it seems the items (unique, common, and spells) are quite powerful and I was able to hold out and make very good progress during both games. Sister Mary was a badass with her high sanity and the Azure Flame, wrecking monsters left and right as my other guys closed gates. The only downside I could see was that it is nearly impossible to get an Elder Sign since you have to burn through the expansion cards first.

Of course in both games the Ancient One woke up and squashed me flat in about two seconds goo but I still had fun. I really enjoyed the full force of the theme this way. That being said, I will try the Permanent Performance Style next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really like Heralds, but I do like to use the Blight cards in some games when I'm looking for something more. I just feel those cards add to the theme as they really feel like the town is coming apart as the game goes on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.